OGXbox.com

Solid green light, No video or audio, no eject.

Pierss

Hi, hope you can all help, I've done my research, searching and  have the same issue as in the other thread, but creating a new thread so that his issue doesn't get complicated.

I've had my NTSC box since day one purchase, softmodded when that first became available, upgraded the harddrive. All was working fine when I used the xbox last year.

Plugging it in today and I get solid green light, no video, no audio, no flubber, and no eject DVD.

What I've done so far.

• Bought another PAL XBOX from ebay (just in case I can't fix the other one) - it's a 1.6.
  • Swapped what I thought was the faulty DVD drive to the new xbox, it works fine.
  • Tried the red, yellow, white cable and SCART (no image)
  • Tried the HD component box (no image)

I've inspected the board, I don't think anything as leaked, here are some pictures.

Pics:

I don't think any cap has blown leaked.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoee44V6bKCWkKo9bdQ6KcH5zzHPEg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoee44V6bKCWkKo-Vg7utgm8-U14tQ

Questions:

• Is the fix at this point, to try to do the coma fix as above I'm a soldering noob, so going to need to practice that first!
  • Is there a way of getting anything off the old harddrive? I've kept eeprom etc or do I have to try the above first as can't swap the harddrive to the new xbxox.
  • Do I need to check the underside of the motherboard? I've not done this yet.

Any help, much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Pierss

I would say that you have a Coma Xbox.

8 hours ago, Pierss said:

Is the fix at this point, to try to do the coma fix as above I'm a soldering noob, so going to need to practice that first!

I would be fitting a mod chip but for someone that's not up to speed with soldering the version 1.0 board is not as easy as the 1.1-1.4 board because the hole's in the LPC port are full of solder. I also highly recommend you don't practice/learn to solder on a Xbox board, go and find a old electronic device like a old radio, CD player, computer something like that to practice on 1st.

To fit a mod chip you will 1st need to unsolder the LPC port so you can fit a pin header and that's where I have seen a lot of people come unstuck when tring to unsolder the holes.

Is there a way of getting anything off the old harddrive? I've kept eeprom etc or do I have to try the above first as can't swap the harddrive to the new xbxox.

Yes there is if you have a copy of the EEprom. There is a program that you can use on a PC the unlock the HDD as long as you have the EEprom

This is for a USB HDD adaptor to PC.

https://1fichier.com/?tev1c7k338upo9eu2e9m

This way you can save the data to your PC and then FTP it back to the new Xbox.

Do I need to check the underside of the motherboard? I've not done this yet.

As the clock cap is still fitted and there is a really good chance it leaking it should be removed and clean the top and bottom of the board along the front but it's extremely unlikely to be the cause of the problem you have.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

No I will add the correct link later

did you mean to link to old xboxhdm_1.9 (https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/download-file-1138.html) or a newer 2.2a release (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhdm2/files/xboxhdm2/Release 2.2/XBOX_HDM_2.2a.7z/download).

XboxHDM 1.9 Tutorial - https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/using-xboxhdm-updated-2019.1902/

Get the C files here link is not longer available - theisozone.com shutdown a few years ago.  However, the file is accessible from mediafire.com - Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z.

This tutorial may work for 2.2a too.  It's been a long time since I used these older releases to remember.

• Like 1

@SS_Dave thank you so much for the quick response.

I will indeed test the soldering elsewhere before I feel up to the task :)

I've been playing around with xboxhdm23usb - that was rather a trial by fire! I couldn't get the script to work thinking there was a problem with the adaptor, turns out the script was hardcoded to only display the first 5 devices, my adaptor was 6 and the drive 7! i modified all the scripts. However, I don't think I could unlock the drive. I was getting some mixed messages, and when I finally got the virtualmachine to load, nothing was mounted so I'm guessing it was not unlocked.

Learned a lot about that programme though!

Buying another adaptor as the enclosure could see the drive, but I don't think it was unlocked suvvessfull, My other sabrent one would see the adaptor but not see the IDE drive (which was odd). Windows wouldn't even see it, so perhaps an issue with the adadptor.

I'll see what happens with that adaptor.

Question, I was thinking if the issue is the bios which it likely is- why did it become corrupt? Is this a result of the soft mod? I've never had that happened to a pc before, is there something special abot the XBOX bios which can be wiped?