OGXbox.com

Xbox 1.0 with OpenXenium Modchip not working

tmntx3

Hi all! I'm having some trouble with installing an OpenXenium purchased from MakeMHZ into an Xbox 1.0. I'm relatively new to this, and have surely made some mistakes. When I start it up, it does this: https://imgur.com/a/HTHYrU2

Here's what I know: 

• Stupidly, I soldered the D0 pad on the modchip to the 1.6 pad - that has been fixed. I don't think this is the issue, because I have a second chip that I did not make this mistake with, and it still does not work. 
  • I didn't scrape the solder mask off LPC ports, and really had trouble flowing the joints. The one I'm most concerned with is the bottom right joint of the first photo. Can I run a jump wire from that to one of the nearby test pads? 
  • I'm fairly confident the D0 pad on the modchip is correctly connected to D0 on the board - I tested the continuity from the chip to the both points on the board, and was good. 

I have photos available here: https://imgur.com/a/FX7R43B 

Thanks for any info in advance!! 

Thank you both so much for the help & advice! I will try all of the above when I get another chance this weekend.

@SS_Dave - I do see where the trace may have been damaged. Next to pin 2 right?  I'll try to get a better photo!  

@KaosEngineer - The OpenXenium chips should both have been pre-flashed by MakeMHZ, but maybe they're both bad.  

16 hours ago, tmntx3 said:

I do see where the trace may have been damaged. Next to pin 2 right?  I'll try to get a better photo!  

The reason I say that is your 1st pic it looks like the solder from pin 2 (the pin next to the damaged trace) is shorting to that trace and in the later pic you have probably tried to resolder that pin and lifted the trace.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.