OGXbox.com

Stuck at Splashscreen

Kloot4zak

Hey guys!

I Bought xboxes.
Softmodded them ALL to rocky5 emustation and Nulled the Harddrives.

1.I took xbox to first upgrade to 500gb HDD and then I installed LOTS of Games and emulators.
2.I unlocked the 500gb HDD using Chimp
3.I used HDD Raw copy tool and made an uncompressed Raw file.
4.I took all 3 HDD's (all lockable WD BLUE) and cloned them using Raw Copy Tool.
5. Installed a cloned HDD into the First xbox and everything went fine.
6. I took Xbox 2 and Used Chimp to Lock HDD 2
7. I started Xbox 2, with 500gb Cloned HDD (on Master ofcourse), splash screen is slow and emustation won't load.

What I tried:
1. Using different Sata adapters
2.Using different 40 and 80 wired cables
3.Getting the same partitions as the original HDD

So...  Im having Nulled Hdd's and im loading the EEPROM from the Motherboard of Each softmodded xbox. 
I was kind of surprised that this does not work, does anyone can help me (in the right direction)?😀

4 hours ago, Kloot4zak said:

So...  Im having Nulled Hdd's and im loading the EEPROM from the Motherboard of Each softmodded xbox. 
I was kind of surprised that this does not work, does anyone can help me (in the right direction)?😀

Ok, so you softmodded each console with the stock hard drive, NULLed the HDDKey (actually now set the value to all 1's) on every console.

Installed a new larger hard drive on one Xbox and installed a lot of games/apps to it, unlocked it to create a backup image.  Wrote the image to two other new hard drives and locked them using the eeprom.bin backup from each console.

Use XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's menu option 5. Check Lock Status to make sure that the hard drive is locked.

There's no error code, 05, being displayed in the upper left-hand corner of a "Your Xbox needs service" screen?

Which version of Chimp are you running?   Okay, I went back in the video and see that it is version 261812.

Hmmm, it should not take as loooooong as it does for the word Microsoft to appear under the big X logo at the end of the flubber (startup) animation.

There do seem to be many different firmware versions for that model of Western Digital hard drives. Not sure if that's causing a problem or not.   Some lock and some do not.  Your's does lock so it should be good to use with the Xbox.  I'm not sure why it's not working correctly.  I need to think on it....

On the Xbox that's had the onboard bios re-flashed have you tried to load a Install disk like the OGXbox Installer 2021 from here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz  as most of the time a HDD that's setup for a soft-mod will not work on a hard modded Xbox, This disk has a remove soft-mod option.

Will it boot a game disk?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

41 minutes ago, Kloot4zak said:

Oh wow! I didn't even try, but that's very smart!
It does start up games. 
I will try remove the softmod, can I also use the hexen disc? since that disc is already burned and ready to be used.

Yes I believe there is a soft mod remove option.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Okay..... Now I have another question, because the hardmodded xbox console workes perfectly fine.
But I would like to use 2 other clones to put in softmodded systems.

I can boot softmodded xbox with my cloned HDD, but im not able to run OGXbox Installer 2021 to select Fix dashboard Boot problems...

If I boot then I will get the Original xbox dashboard loaded up. I can play mechassault using Disc and get into nkpatcher etc... or Use FTP..
Unfortunately im not able to run burned discs...

Question:
Is there a possibility to start Fix dashboard boot problems from OGxbox installer in these circumstances?

Edited by Kloot4zak

There is no real softmod installer disc you can boot right away (EDIT: In case there would be one, I'm sure Rocky would have already done such an installer)).

You need the Save Game Exploid on E\:UDATA and a exploidable game. The save game expoids and Rocky5 installer are on this disk which you can FTP to your PC and from there to a MC/USB-Stick to copy them to the XBox you like to softmod.

The softmodding options on OGXBox, HeXEn, TruHeXEn, Slayers are for already softmodded systems. They provide basicly updates or tools to fix problems.

And OGXBox especially has it's own softmodding section (TruHeXEn 2021 has it as well). If you are not using that special section everything is for chip modded systems. 

How ever, I highly suggest  to use Rocky5 SoftModding-Tool after you have used the save game exploid with the game of your choice to softmod your system.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

11 hours ago, Kloot4zak said:

The xbox im talking about is already softmodded. But after locking and installing a cloned HDD it boots to normal dashboard somehow.

The softmod is a set of files stored on the hard drive.  With your clone of a hardmodded HDD configuration, there is no softmod installed.  Thus, the stock dashboard boots. 

If you now softmod the console with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, the replacement dashboard UnleashX will boot and the files you already placed in the E, F and/or G drives should be accessible.

15 hours ago, Kloot4zak said:

The xbox im talking about is already softmodded. But after locking and installing a cloned HDD it boots to normal dashboard somehow.

Sounds like not all the files have been copied over.

It can be done the way you are trying  but from what I have read is most use a stand alone HDD cloner like this sort of thing

images-3.jpg

I use one like this to clone 2tb HDD's for hard modded Xbox's, insert the master in the front slot and the new HDD in the back slot then hold the read button for 5 seconds then let it run over night.

And no PC needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

The clone is from an softmodded xbox which I succesfully installed in one hardmodded system using the OGxbox installer disc to 'fix boot problems'.
Now im trying to install one of these clones into a softmodded system. 

I have this adapter: http://www.techtesters.eu/pic/SHARKOONQUICK/414.JPG

But I used hdguru's raw copy tool to clone.
I have tried to put one of these clones into hardmodded system and first use ogxbox tools 2021 to fix boot problems before installing into softmodded system.
Also tried multiple IDE SATA adapters ( I have 10, including startech), 80wire and 40 wired cables.

I made some nice paint art too:
image.thumb.png.8f927a35d1f13c9948f9d5a22e420a19.png

On 10/24/2021 at 6:08 PM, Kloot4zak said:

I have tried to put one of these clones into hardmodded system and first use ogxbox tools 2021 to fix boot problems before installing into softmodded system.

A hard modded and soft modded system do not play nice with each other and when you use the fix boot problems option on the OGXbox installer disk on the soft modded drive it would have removed the soft mod and that's fixed it for the hard-modded Xbox but it's upset the drive for the soft modded Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

The "Remove Softmod" option does only what is say. It removes folders and shortcuts of the softmod, nothing more.

The "Fix Bootproblems" option replaces shortcuts and configs made for chip modded systems.

So even you would not have used the remove softmod option the option, fix boot problems would have fixed the HDD to boot in a hard modded system but you would still have the softmod folders on your HDD.

The best option how ever is to set up the entire HDD again or just set up C+E only to keep your files on F/G.

Do you have a USB adapter to plug the drive straight into your PC?

If so, you can simply rebuild the HDD with xbhdm and reinstall the soft mod file super easily that way. This all needs to be done with the HDD still attached to the xbox on boot on a modded or unmodded system. 

This also only works of course with a backed up on your computer. Nulled works best, but stock will do as well as long as you know which one is backed up on the computer. Kind of like hot swapping, but without all the stress. 

Edited by MadMartigan