OGXbox.com

Firthy

I recently bought an original Xbox 

It worked fine (would go to date and time page on every start up) up until last week 

now on start up it does the date and time screen, I try to get past that page by to play the game but there is no response from the console I have tried 2 different controllers and a dvd remote and still no luck.

Any input on what the problem could be and a resolution is much appreciated 

Which revision of the Xbox do you have?

If a v1.0-1.4, have you removed the clock capacitor and cleaned any leaked electrolyte residue from all surfaces it touched - top of the motherboard, bottom of the motherboard, RF shielding cage below the motherboard and possibly the plastic case underneath it.  

If a v1.0 console, make sure that the USB daughterboard has not been disconnected from the motherboard.

Check for bent pins inside the front panel game controller ports. 

Have you tried connecting the controller to each of the four (4) controller ports?

2 hours ago, Firthy said:

I have tried your suggestion and have found that the other controller ports work but the first one is dead 

Sounds like you have trace damage from a leaking clock cap.

The 4 thin traces along the front in the red rectangle are the power and LED control lines and  and the thin traces in the yellow are for control port's 1 and 2

PXL-20211026-052715520.jpg

And just on the top right corner of the yellow box is the clock cap.

Can you post a pic of the bottom of your main board.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.