OGXbox.com

how i can upgrade my xbox hard drive

adam hunter

On 10/19/2021 at 5:10 AM, adam hunter said:

i just wanted to give a huge of the capacity to have a lot of games

Right, they will be installed in a modded consoles extended partitions 6 and/or 7 - the F and/or G drives, respectively.

• F:\Games\<game named subfolder>\
  • G:\Games\<game named subfolder>\

The Xbox's execuable for the game, default.xbe, must be located in this subfolder, not a sub-subfolder for a replacement dashboard that is configured to scan F:\Games and G:\Games to add it to the Games menu.  If in a sub-subfolder, the game will not be added to the Games menu.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Right, they will be installed in a modded consoles extended partitions 6 and/or 7 - the F and/or G drives, respectively.

• F:\Games\<game named subfolder>\
  • G:\Games\<game named subfolder>\

The Xbox's execuable for the game, default.xbe, must be located in this subfolder, not a sub-subfolder for a replacement dashboard that is configured to scan F:\Games and G:\Games to add it to the Games menu.  If in a sub-subfolder, the game will not be added to the Games menu.

i just wanted to put them without any problems 

hello yesterday i upgraded my xbox's new hard drive it has 120gb but i fond that f has 4 gb and the e 1gb why that is happen and how i can do factory reset truhexen 2021 and how i can increase the f partition and whne i want to do harddrive upgrade with truhexen it ask for password how i can do that passowrd

Edited by adam hunter

11 hours ago, adam hunter said:

i want to do harddrive upgrade with truhexen it ask for password how i can do that passowrd

The Password is A Y B X on the controller and in my view is a stupid idea and the OGXBox installer disk doesn't have passwords

Try using the XBpartitioner 1.3 program (It can be found on the OGXbox installer disk under the live apps section) to format the hard drive.

When you load that program press A to setup the partition sizes then press start to format the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

23 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The Password is A Y B X on the controller and in my view is a stupid idea and the OGXBox installer disk doesn't have passwords

Try using the XBpartitioner 1.3 program (It can be found on the OGXbox installer disk under the live apps section) to format the hard drive.

When you load that program press A to setup the partition sizes then press start to format the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

thanks i will do that and tell you the result 

2 hours ago, adam hunter said:

i did every think but it gives me erro i did every thing but it gives me error 5 why is that

Error 5 is the HDD is not locked 

The Xbox that you are putting the hard drive in needs to have a modchip fitted or maybe the modchip is not working.

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Error 5 is the HDD is not locked 

The Xbox that you are putting the hard drive in needs to have a modchip fitted or maybe the modchip is not working.

Cheers

SS Dave

look my xbox works so good sometimes i got error 13 and 5 so how i can have the original xbox dashboard and how i can unlock the harddrive

14 hours ago, adam hunter said:

ook i have that device will is it do the job?

Possibly.  The hard drive has to be unlocked for it to have any chance of working.

Does it have a standalone cloning function?

Next, it depends how its cloning function is implemented - some devices do known file system copying while others do sector-by-sector.

It needs to do the later, sector-by-sector cloning, to work.

Oops, I was thinking of the wrong question.

Yes, you can connect that to your PC and use FATXplorer Beta 3.0 to copy files to the Xbox hard drive.

Again, the hard drive has to be unlocked.  With a hard modded console, the hard drive can be left unlocked.  For a softmodded console, the hard drive has to be re-LOCKED with the correct password.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Possibly.  The hard drive has to be unlocked for it to have any chance of working.

Does it have a standalone cloning function?

Next, it depends how its cloning function is implemented - some devices do known file system copying while others do sector-by-sector.

It needs to do the later, sector-by-sector cloning, to work.

Oops, I was thinking of the wrong question.

Yes, you can connect that to your PC and use FATXplorer Beta 3.0 to copy files to the Xbox hard drive.

Again, the hard drive has to be unlocked.  With a hard modded console, the hard drive can be left unlocked.  For a softmodded console, the hard drive has to be re-LOCKED with the correct password.

yeah thanks i'll give it a try

one more question how i can make my xbox unNoisy because it has laud noisy sound and how i can add emu music and cheat codes for my xbox games

1 hour ago, adam hunter said:

yeah thanks i'll give it a try

one more question how i can make my xbox unNoisy because it has laud noisy sound and how i can add emu music and cheat codes for my xbox games

What version is your Xbox? 

If it's a v1.0, replace the fan on the GPU heatsink or the entire heatsink from a later release of the console that has no fan since it has taller fins for a larger surface area to  transfer the heat away from the GPU without needing a fan. 

That's your one question answered. Or, did you want the other one answered instead. :)

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

What version is your Xbox? 

If it's a v1.0, replace the fan on the GPU heatsink or the entire heatsink from a later release of the console that has no fan since it has taller fins for a larger surface area to  transfer the heat away from the GPU without needing a fan. 

That's your one question answered. Or, did you want the other one answered instead. :)

mine it's 1.6 i guess from the date of its produce tell now the thermal paste never change but i just want to know to add emu and music and add cheat cods to use it with xbox games