OGXbox.com

how i can upgrade my xbox hard drive

adam hunter

4 hours ago, jeffl said:

Mr. Mario's YT tutorial is really good.

Search for "How to Upgrade a Hard Drive in a Hardmodded Original Xbox | Xbox TSOP/Modchip HDD Upgrade Tutorial"

thanks

3 hours ago, Mu. said:

If you have a modchip (and thus a custom bios) installed, you can simply install the hard disk, format it using a disc like OGXbox Installer 2021 and install whatever software you need.

how i can do that do a custom bios 

16 hours ago, Lina_Inverse_ said:

Personally I recommend getting something bigger than 120GB for a long term upgrade, at least 320GB, but it's up to you.

I'm assuming the 120gb is IDE not SATA? SATA will require an 80 pin IDE cable and an adapter.

yes it's ide and i don't have bigger then 120gb for now but how many game that can hold

13 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Your modchip already has a modified (custom) BIOS flashed to it.   

To help identify which modified BIOS, what is the kernel version (e.g., 1.0.4981.67)?

Which replacement dashboard is running?

i don't how to get the kernel version and i'm using evox dashboard

3 hours ago, adam hunter said:

the kernel is 1.00.5838.01

Ok, so it's either Evolution-X's M8 or M8plus BIOS.  They both have the same kernel version as the stock BIOS, they were based upon.

By default Evolution-X's M8/M8plus BIOS do not have the LBA48 v3 patch applied.   You need to add that patch or find a copy of it that has it already applied and flash it to your modchip (HeXEn 2018, TruHeXEn 2021, or OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3 have such a file and tools to flash a new BIOS to the modchip.)

13 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Ok, so it's either Evolution-X's M8 or M8plus BIOS.  They both have the same kernel version as the stock BIOS, they were based upon.

By default Evolution-X's M8/M8plus BIOS do not have the LBA48 v3 patch applied.   You need to add that patch or find a copy of it that has it already applied and flash it to your modchip (HeXEn 2018, TruHeXEn 2021, or OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3 have such a file and tools to flash a new BIOS to the modchip.)

i have TruHeXEn 2021, or OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3 disk but when i press the power button i see a purple evox logo does that meaning it allready has an evox bois

40 minutes ago, adam hunter said:

i have TruHeXEn 2021, or OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3 disk but when i press the power button i see a purple evox logo does that meaning it allready has an evox bois

Yes it means you have the EvoxM8 logo but the version you have is old and needs to be updated so you can use a hard drive bigger than 128gb.

Both disks have the latest EvoxM8 bios that will support up to a 3tb (2.2tb usable) hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes it means you have the EvoxM8 logo but the version you have is old and needs to be updated so you can use a hard drive bigger than 128gb.

Both disks have the latest EvoxM8 bios that will support up to a 3tb (2.2tb usable) hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

so u want me to update EvoxM8 bios so i can update my harddrive?

4 hours ago, adam hunter said:

so u want me to update EvoxM8 bios so i can update my harddrive?

Yes 

The bios file that is but on by the manufacturer is old and only works with a hard drive under 160gb

The new bios file will work with a hard drive up to 2tb or a 3tb (2.2 usable)

If you load the OGXbox installer disk  and select option 2

OGXbox-1.jpg

then select option 2.2

OGXbox-2.jpg

Now 2.2.2

OGXbox-3.jpg

Followed by 2.2.2.1

OGXbox-4.jpg

Now a new screen will open and you select Evox m8+1.6b (256kb)

OGXbox-5.jpg

This will reflash with the latest EvoxM8 bios.

Cheers

SS Dave

50 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes 

The bios file that is but on by the manufacturer is old and only works with a hard drive under 160gb

The new bios file will work with a hard drive up to 2tb or a 3tb (2.2 usable)

If you load the OGXbox installer disk  and select option 2

OGXbox-1.jpg

then select option 2.2

OGXbox-2.jpg

Now 2.2.2

OGXbox-3.jpg

Followed by 2.2.2.1

OGXbox-4.jpg

Now a new screen will open and you select Evox m8+1.6b (256kb)

OGXbox-5.jpg

This will reflash with the latest EvoxM8 bios.

Cheers

SS Dave

thanks so much i did every thing but is there a way to change boot screen of the xbox and the sound of ambient 

8 hours ago, adam hunter said:

thanks so much i did every thing but is there a way to change boot screen of the xbox and the sound of ambient 

With the EvoxM8 you can turn off the animation and I find it makes it a bit quicker to boot up 

Is that what you mean?

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, but it may not be the latest version.  And, may not include the LBA48 v2 or later patch.

i did update the bios to latest version

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

With the EvoxM8 you can turn off the animation and I find it makes it a bit quicker to boot up 

Is that what you mean?

Cheers

SS Dave

no i meant to change the boot animation and add another ambient sound like ps4 ambient sound or wii

4 hours ago, adam hunter said:

no i meant to change the boot animation and add another ambient sound like ps4 ambient sound or wii

No, not easily.  The animation and sound played on startup is code that renders it in real-time by the Xbox.

With enough programming knowledge of DirectX8 and compressing a new program, models, and sound content into the space used by the current animation, it should be possible.

Edit: There are programs to change the color(s) of the animation, viewpoint and flubber blob to a wireframe model.

Some of the hacking groups had changed the flubber blob to a different shape, posted videos showing it, but their programs to do so were never released to the public.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

No, not easily.  The animation and sound played on startup is code that renders it in real-time by the Xbox.

With enough programming knowledge of DirectX8 and compressing a new program, models, and sound content into the space used by the current animation, it should be possible.

Edit: There are programs to change the color(s) of the animation, viewpoint and flubber blob to a wireframe model.

Some of the hacking groups had changed the flubber blob to a different shape, posted videos showing it, but their programs to do so were never released to the public.

i think i mast keep it without change....anyway how i can update my harddrive

Install a new larger hard drive in the console - set as the MASTER IDE device.  (Edit: If it was already formatted for another computer, I recommend wiping it clean with HDDGuru's HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool before using it in the Xbox.)

Note: If using a SATA hard drive with an IDE-to-SATA adapter swap out the stock IDE cable for a new high-speed 80-wire 40-pin one.

Download the OGXbox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3.rar file from the shared folder repository at 1fichier.com, extract the XISO-format dot iso file inside then burn the disc image to DVD-R media. 

Power on the Xbox and load the disc into the DVD drive.

Find the menu option to prepare a new hard drive. (My previous info on the NTSC or PAL option was from HeXEn 2018, or later releases - boo hiss.)

1. Run XBPartitioner v1.3 to set up (partition and format) the extended partition(s) - 6 and 7.  The F and G drives respectively.  OGXbox Installer option 3.1.1. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3.
  2. Next, use option 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD.

Is the new hard drive is 80GBs or 120GBs in size?

It must be an IDE hard drive too. The stock IDE cable will work with it.  No need to swap out the IDE cable.

You don't even have to use XBPartitioner v1.3 for such a small hard drive.  You only need to use it if one of the extended partitions 6 and/or 7 will be larger than 256GBs in size.

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Install a new larger hard drive in the console - set as the MASTER IDE device.  (Edit: If it was already formatted for another computer, I recommend wiping it clean with HDDGuru's HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool before using it in the Xbox.)

Note: If using a SATA hard drive with an IDE-to-SATA adapter swap out the stock IDE cable for a new high-speed 80-wire 40-pin one.

Download the OGXbox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3.rar file from the shared folder repository at 1fichier.com, extract the XISO-format dot iso file inside then burn the disc image to DVD-R media. 

Power on the Xbox and load the disc into the DVD drive.

Find the menu option to prepare a new hard drive. (My previous info on the NTSC or PAL option was from HeXEn 2018, or later releases - boo hiss.)

1. Run XBPartitioner v1.3 to set up (partition and format) the extended partition(s) - 6 and 7.  The F and G drives respectively.  OGXbox Installer option 3.1.1. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3.
  2. Next, use option 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD.

thanks man for the help i do have an ide 120gb but i want do just 2 partitions c and d i want to give 110gb for the d and the rest for the c

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the new hard drive is 80GBs or 120GBs in size?

It must be an IDE hard drive too. The stock IDE cable will work with it.  No need to swap out the IDE cable.

You don't even have to use XBPartitioner v1.3 for such a small hard drive.  You only need to use it if one of the extended partitions 6 and/or 7 will be larger than 256GBs in size.

my new hard drive is 120gb it's an ide and i want just 2 partitions c and d can i do that

8 hours ago, adam hunter said:

thanks man for the help i do have an ide 120gb but i want do just 2 partitions c and d i want to give 110gb for the d and the rest for the c

my new hard drive is 120gb it's an ide and i want just 2 partitions c and d can i do that

No

The console requires the stock partition numbers/assigned drive letters: 2/C, 1/E, 3/X, 4/Y and 5/Z in the first 8GBs of the drive.  The D drive letter is the DVD drive.

The remainder of the free space can be split between F (partition 6) and G (partition 7) drives; however, for a 120GB hard drive, you don't have to split the remaining free space into two partitions.  All of it can be used for F / partition 6.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

No

The console requires the stock partition numbers/assigned drive letters: 2/C, 1/E, 3/X, 4/Y and 5/Z in the first 8GBs of the drive.  The D drive letter is the DVD drive.

The remainder of the free space can be split between F (partition 6) and G (partition 7) drives; however, for a 120GB hard drive, you don't have to split the remaining free space into two partitions.  All of it can be used for F / partition 6.

i just wanted to give a huge of the capacity to have a lot of games