OGXbox.com

Upping the game another level - Ram upgrade

Johny white

Having started with a soft mod, then TSPOP and finally installing an open xenium with the help of this great community I've decided to go to the next level. I've received the RAM below in the post today and just checking if this will be okay to use for upgrading to 128mb on one of my experement xbox's? I've also read somewhere that you can install one chip at a time and test it through the the one of the BIOS's that is specially made for this. Then I can continue to add more after each successful chip install!!!

ram1.jpg

ram2.jpg

I would suggest you flash Xblast.bin (crcwell.bin)to one of the banks on the Open Xenium mod chip and set it as the default instant boot file, This can also boot the Xbox without any drives (DVD, HDD) attached the only thing is you will need a genuine controller as it will not work with a aftermarket controller

crcwell.bin

Then when you power on the Xbox with the power button it will load the Xblast OS by default.

When you are fitting the extra ram chip fit one then power on the Xbox and run the memory test and if it passes the proceed to the next chip and if you get a fail then double, triple check your work.

You can fit the chips in any order.

1492898434_Ramtest.jpg.cd355562dcdf2101eab1d65be49b30f2.jpg

15357393363-0900e07748-o.jpg 15951255406-5bbbc4837e-o.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, SS_Dave said:

I would suggest you flash Xblast.bin (crcwell.bin)to one of the banks on the Open Xenium mod chip and set it as the default instant boot file, This can also boot the Xbox without any drives (DVD, HDD) attached the only thing is you will need a genuine controller as it will not work with a aftermarket controller

crcwell.bin 256 kB · 4 downloads

Then when you power on the Xbox with the power button it will load the Xblast OS by default.

When you are fitting the extra ram chip fit one then power on the Xbox and run the memory test and if it passes the proceed to the next chip and if you get a fail then double, triple check your work.

You can fit the chips in any order.

1492898434_Ramtest.jpg.cd355562dcdf2101eab1d65be49b30f2.jpg

15357393363-0900e07748-o.jpg 15951255406-5bbbc4837e-o.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Edited by Johny white