OGXbox.com

1.4 motherboard on a 1.6 case

mandalore30

Yes, but there will be no motheboard mounting screw post behind the AVIP port.  And, the height of the v1.6 case's AVIP port is slightly different than that of a v1.4 case.  So, don't tighten the screws down on the sides of the AVIP connector or else it will bend the motherboard.  I believe that's correct.  It has been some time since I've swapped cases for v1.0-1.4 and v1.6 Xbox's. I recall placing a plastic washer on the bottom side of the motherboard to act as a shim to hold the motherboard level.  I don't recall the thickness of the washer I used.

Make sure you swap power supplies too.  A v1.6's power supply will not work with a v1.4 motherboard and vice versa.  Even though the connectors are the same, the voltage levels are different on several of the pins.

psu12-15delta.gif.43d92f536a944a58f14211c096083e91.gifpsu12-15foxlink.gif.df0ccfff7798509cef4cf28a81299ee8.gifpsu16delta.gif.ec7fddf86a60d6de23d8d8530ec4161c.gif