OGXbox.com

TSOP to Upgrade HDD?

ItsMatra

I'm hoping someone can clarify the process for upgrading my HDD as looking to store games/emulator etc as the end result.

I've already prepped the board for a TSOP mod with the links whilst soldering on extra RAM.

To upgrade my HDD my understanding is the following:

Softmod First?

TSOP

Then can fit bigger HDD?

I've managed to find a unicorn WD Blue IDE 320GB HDD and thinking I could just image the drive and clone using Macrium? Then extend the partition to fill the 320GB drive I have

- Would that work or do I need to use any extra/special tools?

The information is available in places but it all seems scattered :/ some just say TSOP but others say to TSOP you need to softmod first? It's been a while since I've had time to play with it again - booted up and played some games on it for the first time since fitting the RAM months ago only last night!

Thanks

Yes Soft-mod then Re-flash the onboard bios chip then I would fit a bigger HDD and use a install disk like the OGXbox installer 2021 1.5.3  htthttps://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz to setup the new HDD from scratch.

Once you have Hard modded the Xbox there is a good chance the Xbox will not boot from the soft modded HDD as the soft mods and hard mods don't pay nice with each other.

3 hours ago, ItsMatra said:

t's been a while since I've had time to play with it again - booted up and played some games on it for the first time since fitting the RAM months ago only last night!

It will still be using the 64meg of ram at the moment until you reflash the bios with a 128mg compatible bios file or it could also be that non of the extra ram chips are working as the Xbox will only boot with 4 or 8 ram chips working.

3 hours ago, ItsMatra said:

I've managed to find a unicorn WD Blue IDE 320GB HDD and thinking I could just image the drive and clone using Macrium? Then extend the partition to fill the 320GB drive I have

- Would that work or do I need to use any extra/special tools?

Fit the HDD and use a install disk, It's quicker and easier.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes Soft-mod then Re-flash the onboard bios chip then I would fit a bigger HDD and use a install disk like the OGXbox installer 2021 1.5.3  https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz to setup the new HDD from scratch.

Fit the HDD and use a install disk, It's quicker and easier.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. The link is very helpful and looks to contain emulators for the next step that I want to do too!