OGXbox.com

Wrong dashboard, but already softmodded....

Kloot4zak

Hey guys,

I've done 4 tsop hardmods in the past.. for myself and for some friends and we are still having a lot of fun with them!
Now I picked up a new xbox and want to perform a softmod.

I watched this tutorial :

The tutorial doesn't mention that I have to update to dashboard 5960, so I guessed it wasn't neccesary anymore and I proceeded....
Now I installed a small softmod using the USB, but I cannot use the xbox softmodding tool extra's Disc because is doesn't recognise it and says the tray is empty.
I tried to FTP the files to xbox. I launched the files, but it's stuck and says: "Retail Bios detected".
So at last I tried to Uninstall my softmod.... But I cannot seem to find an option...

I think there are 2 options:
1.upgrade my dashboard using FTP
2.Uninstal my current softmod and install dashboard 5960 using Halo 2 or whatever

I do NOT know how to perform any of these options so all the help would be appreciated very much!!!

From what I have seen with the current Rocky5 soft mod you don't need to update the original dash 1st.

Me I would just stick to mod chips and bios chip re-flashes.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Is the console is currently softmodded and running a replacement dashboard? 

I need to check which softmod package that tutorial uses.

Edit: I just checked that video tutorial use Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.

I suggest downloading from the Xbox Softmodding Tool prebuilt repository then FTPing the following two files to an E:\Apps\Extras Disc\ subfolder on your Xbox:

1. Build v1.1.8 / Extras Disc / Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc.iso, and 
  2. the attach application, default.xbe, from the  Build v1.1.8 / Extras Disc / Extras  / Extras Disc Attacher.zip archive.

Note: Many Xbox softmods are based on NKPatcher which adds hooks into the Xbox's kernel to mount and run XISO disc images from the hard drive.  Running the attach app mounts and runs the default.xbe file inside of the disc image.

If the replacement dashboard is configured to scan E:\Apps to add items to its menu, a reboot should add the Extras Disc application to the menu to run the disc image from the hard drive. 

• Thanks 1

Edit: From the title of this thread, I get it now - wrong stock dashboard to install the old softmod, not  the wrong replacement dashboard running after softmodded.

After you softmodded the console, which replacement dashboard is it running?

UnleashX is the standard dashboard that is installed when softmodding the console.

The Extras Disc allows you to install several different dashboards as the default dashboard and leaves UnleashX on the hard drive if you ever want to run it as an app from the others.

1 hour ago, Kloot4zak said:

The tutorial doesn't mention that I have to update to dashboard 5960, so I guessed it wasn't neccesary anymore and I proceeded....

Pence's video tutorial assumes you are using Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, not some older softmod package that requires the stock dashboard to be 5960 before installing it.

The exploited game save and installer in Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.zip does not have such a requirement.

Now I installed a small softmod using the USB, but I cannot use the xbox softmodding tool extra's Disc because is doesn't recognise it and says the tray is empty.

Which small softmod package did you use? 

How did you burn the Extras Disc dot iso file (XISO-format disc image) to DVD-R media?

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the console is currently softmodded and running a replacement dashboard? 

I need to check which softmod package that tutorial uses.

Edit: I just checked that video tutorial use Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.

I suggest downloading from the Xbox Softmodding Tool prebuilt repository then FTPing the following two files to an E:\Apps\Extras Disc\ subfolder on your Xbox:

1. Build v1.1.8 / Extras Disc / Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc.iso, and 
  2. the attach application, default.xbe, from the  Build v1.1.8 / Extras Disc / Extras  / Extras Disc Attacher.zip archive.

Note: Many Xbox softmods are based on NKPatcher which adds hooks into the Xbox's kernel to mount and run XISO disc images from the hard drive.  Running the attach app mounts and runs the default.xbe file inside of the disc image.

If the replacement dashboard is configured to scan E:\Apps to add items to its menu, a reboot should add the Extras Disc application to the menu to run the disc image from the hard drive. 

Yes, the xbox is softmodded and it is running the dashboard from rocky5 Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc\Softmod\softmod files\ to USB

The extra's disc was burned properly and succesfully used in other xboxes... I might didn't work because this a 1.6 version?

Okay you are right it wasn't necessary to upgrade my dashboard to 5960.

Okay your ISO and Attacher file totally fixed my problem!!! Thanks a lot 😍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...