OGXbox.com

Why does this happen? (video flicker - games unplayable)

xretrogamedevx

I bought an OG xbox and around 10 games. The discs play fine. Upon loading them to my HDD about 5 of them do this weird video flicker thing and are unplayable.

I tried downloading the same 5 off of sites (isos and xbe format) and FTPing them and USBing them via FATXplorer. Nothing I do seems to work.

https://streamable.com/92nl7k

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you.

Xbox 1.6

HDMI Shepherd (was told this was a good model).

Fable, specifically.  Gunvalkyrie is another.

Games play fine off disc.

I was told to "patch it" but was given multiple dead links so I'm unsure of what to do next.  I might just use the DVD drive for these games, which defeats the purpose of putting all my games on the HDD, but at least it's playable.

Would you also know why games played off the HDD would lag?  Halo CE on disc runs fine, off IDE HDD runs fine, but off SATA HDD it is so laggy it's unplayable.  Other games are like this as well (007, ie).

Thanks

8 minutes ago, xretrogamedevx said:

Got it working... I had to patch the games and I finally found the right script.  It was a problem with 480p on version 1.6.

Still dealing with major lag though.  I can't figure this out.  Makes me motion sick it's so bad.

Bad high-speed IDE cable or adapter.  Which IDE-to-SATA adapter are you using and which IDE cable?