OGXbox.com

OpenXenium installed but getting errors

BDnick

Hi all. I just finished installing an OpenXenium modchip in my 1.1v Xbox. It boots into XeniumOS fine but I am unable to launch into any bios. I added the retail kernal to TSOP and it returns an error 16. This is using the original HDD and 40pin cable. I also bought a new HDD, IDE to SATA adapter and 80pin cable. Unfortunately I get error 11 with this setup. I've tried using the new 80pin cable with the original HDD and it still gives an error 16. I have also tried pulling the modchip out and having everything stock (Original HDD, 40pin cable) but it still gives me error 16.

I'm not sure what else to do. Any advice would be really appreciated.

What type of Sata2Ide adaptor and is it set to master?

What Bios files have you got on the modchip?

Have you tried to boot with a game disk in the DVD drive and power on the Xbox?

Maybe post a pic or two of your install.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

57 minutes ago, BDnick said:

[url=https://postimg.cc/HctfMp1S][img]https://i.postimg.cc/HctfMp1S/PXL-20211003-035658727-1.jpg[/img][/url]

There is two possibility's,

That adaptor is one I have tested but there is a marking called SW1 you could try linking that as it may force it to master other wise look for a Startech brand Sata2Ide

PXL-20211003-035658727-1.jpg

There was another poster that had one like that and 2 other Chinese ones and all 3 where DUD's

The 3rd one is normally OK for a Chinese unit

adapters1-thumb-jpg-3cde589e305ddefde0a1772abcc3a780.jpg

There is a thread here about error 16 and in the end it was a damaged pin in the DVD drive 40 pin socket

3-DD9-E444-9-BF8-4-C3.jpg

and that was caused by the 80 wire IDE cable has a blocked off pin to make sure you plug it in the write way that was plugged in upside down.

PXL-20210929-212744791.jpg

The poster was able to use a PC DVD drive to setup the new HDD as he had a hard modded Xbox( Mod-chip or Re-flashed bios chip).

So you could also try that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.