OGXbox.com

1.1 FRAG with disc eject button issues.

Lina_Inverse_

I recently bought a few faulty Xboxes yesterday and I want to try sort out this 1.1 which FRAGs. When I press eject it will often not open the disc tray, sometimes it will open quarter or half way or not close when it does open. I've tried 3 disc drives and they all have the same issue indicating a motherboard or possibly daughterboard problem. I have removed the clock capacitor which was only starting to leak. I've cleaned up what little leakage there was.

Any ideas?

P1010014.JPG

Try a known working PSU and is there any error message on the screen if you boot with no drives connected, Has it been modded?

Post a pic of the whole board and both sides

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

To me it looks like the board under the GPU has been very hot (yellow box) and it also looks like there is some liquid staining on both sides (red circles).

P1010020-JPG-e3377ecf94429440b6d61e38b25e77ab.jpg

Has the metal cage got rust on it?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

32 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Has the metal cage got rust on it?

It does have rust/patina all around the shield but nothing indicating any sort of spillage. It's a sticky substance only on the board. I'll give it a thorough clean and run the system again and report back.

With the yellow box, it's a copper layer that darker spot.

34 minutes ago, Lina_Inverse_ said:

With the yellow box, it's a copper layer that darker spot.

Yep

Here is 2 random boards

PXL-20211002-050017387.jpg

It maybe nothing or it could be the GPU is cooked.

Cheers

SS Dave