OGXbox.com

Why is my Xbox still flashing orange?

ironspyder1734

Flashing orange with an increase of cooling fan speed is an caused by the System Management Controller (SMC) detecting an overheating condition.

However, replacement dashboards can be configured to change the eject ring color too.  

With UnleashX go to:

System > Settings > System page 

scroll down until you see the LED color section. 

Are any of these items set to Flashing Orange?

^That is rubbish information.

Philips behave no differently whether soft or hard mod. They do seem to have a habit of failing completely and that causing boot problems more often than others.

Philips disc media compatibility is not that much different from Samsung 605F and unless there is a problem with the specific DVD drive DVD-R should be good for them just like it is with all other known DVD drive types.

DVD-R is the only universally Xbox friendly disc media. That has been proven time and time again with discs from a wide range of manufacturers not just brands.  

10 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Philips behave no differently whether soft or hard mod. They do seem to have a habit of failing completely and that causing boot problems more often than others.

I know this for a fact. I had one die on me recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqdMb6xT8cI

On 9/26/2021 at 8:00 AM, ironspyder1734 said:

new problem is the system now creates a static sound in the dashboard, anyway to get rid of it?

Does it happen during a game? Maybe try unplug and put back the video connector as it may be slightly loose.