OGXbox.com

Old man needs some help flashing a new bios for 2TB HD

rmcelwee

So, I'm an old man and I can't remember how I flashed this XBox years ago. I have an Aladdin XT Plus2 with Evox +3935 and M8plus_16 fan 40.06 (not sure what size bios that is). I wrote a 2TB image to a drive and get an error telling me to upgrade to LBA48 ver 2. Can someone point me in the right direction. I do have FTP access to the box.

The Aladdin mod chip uses a 256kb bios and you can use just about any of the bios burning programs to write the new file to it.

Here is EV tools that is used to change the bios config (like fan speed) before you write it to the mod-chip.

EV Tool.zip

evox_m8+_67.bin

401063548_sampleEvoxM8.PNG.e372ca0f72261ff84fbab778948e1d1d.PNG

I would also recommend you get a copy of OGXbox Installer 2021 disk from here

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

This disk has a Live Apps section you can also use to re-flash the bios and my go to flash program is Xblast then I use the Net flash option.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1