OGXbox.com

Issues with no video, but have audio

Maverick923

I found this on reddit, but it did not looking it was ever resolved.Changed the 3 caps under the CPU and now sound but no picture! Any ideas?

I am having the same issue where I had to replace 5 blown caps, but afterwards I am getting no video. I can hear the boot animation, but I get no video.

I have reflowed many times. Not sure where exactly to start checking. Any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Maverick923 said:

I found this on reddit, but it did not looking it was ever resolved.Changed the 3 caps under the CPU and now sound but no picture! Any ideas?

I am having the same issue where I had to replace 5 blown caps, but afterwards I am getting no video. I can hear the boot animation, but I get no video.

I have reflowed many times. Not sure where exactly to start checking. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you certain you got the polarity correct on them? I concur with providing pictures of both sides of the board. 

Interesting. The capacitor installation looks fine.

I'd start with gently applying pressure around the video connector left/right and up and down and see if you see any changes on screen. Then move the video connector around. Have a look inside the video port and the cable end (what goes into the Xbox) for anything unusual like a bent pin or dirt/dust. The Microsoft cables fray quite easily also.

Edited by Lina_Inverse_

2 hours ago, Lina_Inverse_ said:

Interesting. The capacitor installation looks fine.

I'd start with gently applying pressure around the video connector left/right and up and down and see if you see any changes on screen. Then move the video connector around. Have a look inside the video port and the cable end (what goes into the Xbox) for anything unusual like a bent pin or dirt/dust. The Microsoft cables fray quite easily also.

I've tried the same cable on another Xbox and it works. I also have the same results with another TV. Moving that does nothing. Any other ideas?