OGXbox.com

128mb ram upgrade x2 5035 bios

Swirlygiver

1 hour ago, Swirlygiver said:

On a TSOP v1.0 Xbox running x2 5035 bios, is there anything I have to to do to enable using the additional ram?   

No

Only a small number of apps use the extra ram anyway.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

20 hours ago, Swirlygiver said:

I’m trying to run the Chihiro games

Do they not run?

I believe you need to first run XBMC4Xbox to properly enable the additional RAM before you run the Chihiro games.  Then, start them from XBMC4Xbox.

Or, flash the iND-BiOS 5003.67 unofficially patch BIOS to your TSOP. It fixes a couple of bugs found in the original 5003 release.

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+Ram Patched+XBL Enabled.zip

I am using XBMC4Gamers. It sees the extra ram.  When I try to load the Chihiro games the screen goes black and nothing loads.  Shouldn't my X2 5035 enable the ram automatically?  I don't know much about editing the bios.  I thought X2 5035 was supposed to be the best option for a v1.0 Xbox.  I'm not even sure how to flash another bios over it.  I used HEXEN when i did it originally

Edited by Swirlygiver

21 hours ago, Swirlygiver said:

I am using XBMC4Gamers. It sees the extra ram.  When I try to load the Chihiro games the screen goes black and nothing loads.  Shouldn't my X2 5035 enable the ram automatically? 

??? Don't have an Xbox with 128MB of RAM installed.  

I don't know much about editing the bios. 

X2 5035's settings are changed by editing the text file E:\x2config.ini

I thought X2 5035 was supposed to be the best option for a v1.0 Xbox.

I think the best BIOS now is the unofficially patched iND-BiOS 5003 release.  It fixes a few bugs the original release has.

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+Ram Patched+XBL Enabled.zip

iND-BiOS's text configuration file is ind-bios.cfg.  Upload it to the root folder of the C drive.

To use all 128MBs of RAM, I believe you need to change the line:

• USEUSEALLMEMORY=0

to

• USEUSEALLMEMORY=1

Edit: I'm not sure why the USEUSE at the beginning of this option name but seems it needs it that way.

1 hour ago, Swirlygiver said:

Thanks for the help with the bios.  I tried switching to ind5003.67 and edited that line.  The Chihiro games still won’t load. 

I tested the X2-5035.67 and Ind 5004.67, Ind 5003.67 patched bios files and both Outrun 2 Beta and Ghost Squad load the start of the game

Xbox specs: 128meg ram, internal wii2hdmi, 3tb HDD, Open Xenium, Version 1.4, xbmc4gamers dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.