OGXbox.com

xbox 1.0 no signal video , no sound

John5MM

Hi, i have xbox 1.0 and i have a problem with it. When I turn on, I do not have a signal video and audio to the green LED, it blinks 3 times, then it lights constantly.
When I connect the alladdin, the video is sometimes broken, the green LED lights up in the thread. (how was the work, normal work)
However, it was from sound, it does not give a video and so every now and then (picture as it is white)
The cable component is working.
What is your problem? Any ideas please.

With out looking at the main board I would think the capacitors next to the heat sink have failed.

If you upload a pic or 2 of the insides to one of the share sites and then add a link here that will help.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Capilators is OK.

Okay guys, I sat a while and that's what I agreed There is no sound because the TV was muted and the picture was without color, because I do not have a remote control. More importantly:

1 console was made GDR 8163B just a pity that some donkey did it on the connector plug to the drive and not to the board, another fumbled and confused the pins and killed the drive - probably burned, besides, the seller wrote that he failed to insert the drive and is deep inside housing - of course, if he did not cut the pins inside the housing !!!

2 The disk is said to be formatting and uploading the system, especially since you can hear the head ticking - disk on plates and magnets.

3 Chip inserted into the board but point D0 not connected, connected and the board started every 10 times. The chip as a memory had some cube without inscriptions, probably some Chinese counterfeit, fortunately I had another broken xt alladin, I translated the original eprom and the console starts on the xecuter 5003.

4 The board, without the chip, only the green LED was blinking, because one of the tracks was interrupted (the one on the front of the board), frequent faults ver 1.0-1.1. After fixing the track, the console shows FRAG, the board had flashing jumpers. The owner wrote that the console simply refused to obey. Could it be that TSOP broke from using the console?

I also have a problem, I bought a Seagate ST3500413AS 500GB drive, but when I put it in the console and put the DVD with the installer, the disc does not boot and only shows error 13 or 14. I use 80 ATA tape and ATA-SATA adapter and 320 GB SATA disk, no problem with booting.

How to run the installer when the console starts? How to prepare a disk for PC (windows 7), the disk itself with FATX file format and partitions and XBMC ? Please answer.

2 hours ago, John5MM said:

picture was without color

Your TV is probably set to component (Red, Green, Blue) and is getting a composite signal (Yellow).

1 console was made GDR 8163B just a pity that some donkey did it on the connector plug to the drive and not to the board, another fumbled and confused the pins and killed the drive - probably burned, besides, the seller wrote that he failed to insert the drive and is deep inside housing - of course, if he did not cut the pins inside the housing !!!

I have no idea what you mean by this maybe post some pics. It sounds like some one has tried to mod a PC DVD drive for the Xbox.

Post some pics.

The disk is said to be formatting and uploading the system, especially since you can hear the head ticking - disk on plates and magnets.

Sounds like the hard drive is dead or the 12 volt supply is low.

Chip inserted into the board but point D0 not connected, connected and the board started every 10 times. The chip as a memory had some cube without inscriptions, probably some Chinese counterfeit, fortunately I had another broken xt alladin, I translated the original eprom and the console starts on the xecuter 5003.

Did you mean IND5003 bios.

Could it be that TSOP broke from using the console?

Yes it could have failed or had a bad flash. The easy fix is to leave the mod chip fitted.

I also have a problem, I bought a Seagate ST3500413AS 500GB drive, but when I put it in the console and put the DVD with the installer, the disc does not boot and only shows error 13 or 14. I use 80 ATA tape and ATA-SATA adapter and 320 GB SATA disk, no problem with booting.

If it's just not working and giving a error message with the 500gb HDD then I would say that hard drive is dead.

What Sata2Ide adaptor are you using?

Have you connected the 500gb HDD to a PC?

How to run the installer when the console starts? How to prepare a disk for PC (windows 7), the disk itself with FATX file format and partitions and XBMC ?

The easy way is have a working DVD drive and use the OGXbox Installer 2021 V1.5.3 disk from here. https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

This will format the HDD and install your preferred dash in the Xbox. The other way is to use Fatxplorer beta 3.0 https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/ and that can format the HDD and it can also copy the required files to the HDD so the Xbox can boot.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Tansalator translates badly, so I'll be writing simple.

The GDR 8163B was flashed but had badly connected cables, so the drive board probably got burnt.

The disk was dead. Someone probably falsified the console with the wrong bios and hence FRAG, the console is currently working on the Alladin chip with IND-BIOS 5003

ATA-SATA adapter with JM20330 chip.

Thank you very much for the program Fatxplorer beta 3.0 is very simple and it works !!!

What program would you recommend to copy files to the disk prepared in this way?

Because Xplorer360 does not read partitions on one of the disks, even though the formatting process was successful.

25 minutes ago, John5MM said:

What program would you recommend to copy files to the disk prepared in this way?

Once the Xbox is booting from the new hard drive you can use FTP to transfer files using you home net work or you can use FATXplorer Beta 3.0 to copy files from your PC to the new hard drive.

34 minutes ago, John5MM said:

The GDR 8163B was flashed but had badly connected cables, so the drive board probably got burnt.

It may be still fixable.

Also as the Xbox has a mod chip you can use a PC DVD drive to read non original disks ( Copied game disk's, OGXbox Installer 2021, Hexen).

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...
I still have a question
I have the original Samung DVD-ROM and it is 100% working.
When I connect it to IDE ATA 100 tape and ATA-SATA adapter and 500GB SATA HDD. When I put the disc into the drive, it only shows "BUSY" and "invalid path" '
Why is the drive not working well?

Which ATA-100 cable are you using? 

Is it installed end-over-end?  The Host controller (blue) connector attached to the hard drive and the hard drive connector (black) attached to the host controller port.

I suggest trying one of ChimericSystems' high-speed IDE cables that has the proper connector spacing so you don't connect the wrong connector to the host and MASTER devices.  It may fix the problem.  I've not tried one though to know for certain if it will or will not fix the problem.

Custom Xbox IDE Cable – Chimeric Systems

I use such a cable

I connected :
Blue - HDD
Middle black- DVD
Black- motherboard xbox
Is the ata 133 cable compatible with the original ATA in xbox ?

kabel.jpg

I have used the same cable, Make sure the Sata2ide is set to MA (Master) If the sata2ide adaptor is set to CS (Cable Select) or SL (Slave)you will have problems.

Cheers

SS Dave

6 hours ago, John5MM said:

No my friend , sata2ide must set to SLAVE , because when I give to MASTER, xbox does not load XBMC.

That's why you are having problems with the DVD drive that is factory set as slave and you now trying to have two slave drives.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

On 10/20/2021 at 5:47 AM, John5MM said:

I will be rehearsing with other disks. But the problem is only with 500GB sata drives. The 320 GB drive works great.

It's not a WD green drive is it?

It might also be worth trying a different 80way IDE cable from a different supplier as well.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...