OGXbox.com

howdy

kingpinjimi

Hey team and thanks for letting me join. I am a basically a newbie when it comes to anything mod related but have many years of background in telecommunications and networking. I had an xbox many years ago, but I eventually traded it for who knows what. I worked with a guy that hard modded them (this was probably circa 2006 or so) but he asked a hefty price to do so and I was young and broke. Flash forward to today and I found a near perfect condition OG at a thrift store. I am working on slowly taking it apart and learning as much as I can. I think it is a version 1.0 maybe 1.1 as it has the original gpu fan still. It also seems to keep time and the caps all look pretty good to me. I tend on replacing them anyway just to be safe, but need to practice soldering first.

Looking forward to asking questions and learning what I can. I hope I can also bring some knowledge and skills to the table to help other people.

Here are a few pics I've taken so far.

IMG_3039.jpeg

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3032.jpeg