OGXbox.com

Green Tint to Xbox - 1.4

KpCollins

I believe its a Digital Signal problem, Console is set to NTSC-U due to Modding reasons ;)

Don't think it makes a difference in pal

Anyway, Connecting the simple RGB connections its fine, No green tint/hue.

Once a Digital Signal is being out putted it has a Green Hue, This can be via component cable to HDMI.

Its currently flashed with IND Bios, Its a 1.4 Motherboard and is TSOP not chipped.

Any help is appreciated.

4 hours ago, KpCollins said:

Anyway, Connecting the simple RGB connections its fine, No green tint/hue.

What's the difference between simple RGB connections and component?

You mean standard definition composite cable - one with Yellow (video out), Red (analog audio right channel) and White (analog audio left channel) RCA jacks versus Red, Green and Blue component video RCA jacks and Red and white (stereo analog audio) RCA jacks.

Edit: Reformatted and asked a new question.

Once a Digital Signal is being out putted it has a Green Hue, This can be via component cable to HDMI.

Digital Signal ??? Which adapter/cable are you using?

The Xbox only outputs analog video.  There are new adapters that convert the analog component video to HDMI all digital signal.  Or, MakeMHz's adapter that taps off of the GPU's all digitial signal for a true all digital HDMI output.

Just got it back in my possession.

So I cannot replicate the green tint. 100% it's tsop I did it myself and have reflashed from indbios to evox and visa versa.

No mod chip installed.

I sold it to someone who has the green tint on their screen, they use a kaico hdmi adapter and I've even tested with this. No green tint at all.

Unsure what it could be, a TV setting? We've switched from pal to NTSC and back

4 hours ago, KpCollins said:

Kernel is 1.0.5838.1

Should I update this?

5838 is the kernel version for both of Evolution-X's latest BIOS releases - M8 and M8plus.  It's also the stock MS kernel version they based M8/M8plus off of from v1.6 consoles.

M8plus has a v1.0-1.4 release and a v1.6 compatible release.

Not much to update.  

The unoffically patch iND-BiOS 5003 release fixes a few bugs from the original release and enables XBox Live packet transfers to occcur instead of blocking them.  Making it ready for the soon-to-be-released homebrew ogXbox Live replacement Insignia.