OGXbox.com

Xecuter 2.6CE, where do I find which bios version it is?

HaloDo

Hello All,

I have what seems to be a fully working Xecuter 2.6CE in a Revsion 1.6. XBMC4GAMERS and games are working, but I can't seem to find anywhere in settings where it shows the bios version or that it even recognizes the Xecuter 2.6CE mod chip. If I hold the black or clear button on controller during boot, it just loads normal to XBMC4GAMERS. Same if I hold the power and eject button at same time on startup. I do NOT get a "Xecuter Rox My Box" logo on startup screen, but only "Microsoft". Is the "Rox My Box" only a X3 thing? I get a "Evo X" in top left corner of the same green xbox loading screen. Just curious if my bios could be a better version or if I should just leave it all as is since it is working.

If I select Bank1 or Bank2 on the switch on front of unit, both load fine and work, but seem identical. Where do I find what bios version I have? Thank you!

Edited by HaloDo

You are thinking of the X3 chip.

On the 1.6 Xbox thats using the X2.6 chip you have really only got two bios files that will work one is the EvovM8 bios that you are using and the other is the X2-5035.67 v16 and my pic is the EvoxM8.

If you want to reflash the X2.6 with 2 different banks you need to combine both bios files into one file that equals 1024kb (1 meg) then flash that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, HaloDo said:

If I select Bank1 or Bank2 on the switch on front of unit, both load fine and work, but seem identical. Where do I find what bios version I have? Thank you!

The modchip itself doesn't tell you the BIOS version.  You'll need to look in the dashboard for the kernel version in use.

Look in evox dashboard's Settings menu.  Evoxdash may show a name for the BIOS on the skin in use if it has been configured to display it. The kernel version may be on the skin too without needing to go into the Settings menu. 

Evox dash computes the MD5 hash of the current BIOS.  It can assign a name to be displayed if a matching ROM= line is present in evox.ini.  Multiple lines are required for each different BIOS.  When a match is found, the name of it is assigned to a skin variable and can be displayed, for example:

• Format ROM="<name to assign to skin variable BIOSVer>",0x<MD5 hash value of this BIOS>
  • ROM="M8plus unmodded",0xDFC6288F6B67FD021E1970491C64C0A0
  • ROM="M8plus w/LBA48 v3 patch",0x0xb6acdf08407ccf1914980dfb606108ff
  • ROM="X2 4983.67 256KB unmodded",0x80690587d8b936dd5c3e689fcaef8ae6
  • ROM="X2 5035 vOld_512k",0x7bd5649c0742d37f5fd1330ee3b5ec88

To display the name and kernel version on the skin, lines similar to the following must be present in the skin's skin.ini file:

Text    =       618,127,0.5,0x000000,1,"BIOS: <BIOSVer><CRLF>Kernel: <KernelVer><CRLF>IP: <IP>"
Text    =       616,129,0.5,0x8080a0,1,"BIOS: <BIOSVer><CRLF>Kernel: <KernelVer><CRLF>IP: <IP>"

BIOSVer and KernelVer are the dashboard variables that can be displayed on the skin.  Surround the variable name with <> symbols to display its value instead of the text, BIOSVer or KernelVer, at the location (upper left-hand corner of the screen is 0,0), transparency level ???, and color (0xRRGGBB hex value) specified in the Text = line.

Note: if you modify the BIOS with EVTool for Evox M8 or M8plus BIOSes or XBTool for X2 BIOSes (different versions of these tools modify different versions of the latest BIOSes released at the time of their creation), you have to add an additional ROM= line for the modified BIOS to be able to ID it.  The MD5 hash will be different after making changes to it.  Many but not all MD5 hashes for modified Xbox BIOSes can be found at (3) bios/md5 - originalxbox (reddit.com).

For UnleashX, press the (Y) button to see the System Info page (press (B) to exit back to the menu) and scroll down till to find the kernel version.  XBMC4Xbox's System Info page shows the kernel version.

X2 and iND-BiOS dev team's changed the kernel version to match the BIOS version number.  Evolution-X did not change the kernel version of their BIOSes.  They remained the same as the original Microsoft Xbox BIOS it is based upon (e.g.,  M8 and M8plus both have the same kernel version 1.00.5838.01).  So you as the user have to know which BIOS you flashed to the modchip for M8 or M8plus BIOSes.

• Like 1

I've yet to find any Evox BIOS source except HeXEn that also adds the MD5 hash to the evox.ini. I've tried 3 differrent ones on an Aladdin and I have two different ones I've never touched ion a Xecuter 2.6CE and all of them I've had to add to BIOSChecker, EvoX and XBMC BIOS ID lists manually.

Its a bit of pain doing that because there are syntax differences required for most of them and if you have four or five customised Evox versions quite a bit of work is needed if you want all your apps to report the BIOS correctly. Its certainly not essential but I like to have everything matching.

With UnleashX as far as I know there's no Source support for BIOS display on the dashboard but you could use the BIOS as your Xbox's "Nickname" or use the BIOS details as the screen saver text.

8 hours ago, HaloDo said:

Thank you HDShadow and KaosEngineer! I was able to boot into the EvolutionX dashboard and it showed Kernel 1.00.5838.01 so the bios is likely EvoM8 since that is based on the stock 5838 MS Kernel, right? Thank you!

If modded - able to run homebrew apps, run games from hard drive or burned media, it's either Evox M8 or M8plus.  You cannot tell from the kernel version alone. 

Which one exactly ???.  Its up to the user to keep track of and add MD5 hashes to the various dashboard's configuration files to be able to assign a name to be displayed instead of simply the kernel version number.

As @HDShadow mentions, different dashboards - XBMC and Evox are two I know of - that can display a name of the BIOS based on its computed MD5 hash. The dashboard computes the value when starting and the BIOS Checker application will too.  The files that contain the name and MD5 hashes for identification of a BIOS have different formats to add more BIOS entries.

On 8/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, HaloDo said:

Perfect. Thank You SS_Dave !!!

As you don't really know what version of bios you have I would just reflash the chip with a known latest version

This is a bios file to suit the X2.6 chip and it contains a X2.5035.67_v16 and the EvoxM8 plus, Both are suitable for the Xbox version 1.6

https://1fichier.com/?fvadajaz48rhhaog66v7

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 3:12 AM, SS_Dave said:

As you don't really know what version of bios you have I would just reflash the chip with a known latest version

This is a bios file to suit the X2.6 chip and it contains a X2.5035.67_v16 and the EvoxM8 plus, Both are suitable for the Xbox version 1.6

https://1fichier.com/?fvadajaz48rhhaog66v7

Cheers

SS Dave

Thank you for the Bios File SS Dave!