OGXbox.com

Error Code 9 after flashing a new bios

UserFriendly

So I modded a 1.6 with a OpenXenium chip and flashed Evolution M8Plus 1.6. I upgraded the harddrive successfully and was launching into my new dashboard with no issues. I then went to flash a version of the EvoxM8plus that forces 480p and when I restart to test the flash I am greated with an error code 9. Brand new Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD(ST2000DM008), brand new 80pin IDE cable, brand new startech ide to sata connector. 

I have removed the 480p bios and still getting the same result. I have removed the disk drive and still getting the same result. From my limited knowledge I feel that flashing the 480p bios is not my issue but that was literally the only thing that changed between my last successful boot. Trying to dig out my SATA to USB to look at the HDD on my PC but I have no other ideas of what could be happening, do I need to recheck my solder points?

Edited by UserFriendly

What happens when install the stock HDD with the stock IDE cable?

Error Code 09

Problem: Hard drive parameters are missing or incorrect.

Cause/Solution: Very uncommon error. The hard drive might be in the wrong transfer mode (PIO/DMA), or set to slave instead of master. If it's a debug console, the size may be incorrect (minimum size is required for debug). Replace the hard drive otherwise.

Test your origianl HDD with stock cabels and the 480p bios (Or is it already that setup?) . How ever, if that woks, something is wrong with your new HDD.

You could try to wipe your HDD (or low lvl format it) on your PC using EaseUS Partition Master or HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool or what ever you find to do the job. When thats done put it back in your xbox and see what happend. 

You could also try (as a first step) to just format it on your PC using FatXplorer 3.0 Beta 14. After that you could simply set up the HDD on your PC and then put it pack and see what happend.

Maybe you are lucky and it works first try. If not wait and see if someone else has another idea what you could try.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

1 minute ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Test your origianl HDD with stock cabels and the 480p bios (Or is it already that setup?) . How ever, if that woks, something is wrong with your new HDD.

You could try to null your HDD (or low lvl format it) on your PC using EaseUS Partition Master or HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool or what ever you find to do the job. When thats done put it back in your xbox and see what happend. 

You could also try (as a first step) to just format it on your PC using FatXplorer 3.0 Beta 14. After that you could simply set up the HDD on your PC and then put it pack and see what happend.

Maybe you are lucky and it works first try. If not wait and see if someone else has another idea what you could try.

I did not try the 480p bios with the stock hdd and cables so I will try that next when I get some time. 

Since my new HDD worked at one point I would rather try to just reformat it again with the installer disk tool unless you really think I would be able to find out what went wrong by doing all of that.

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You could try to wipe your HDD (or low lvl format it) on your PC using EaseUS Partition Master or HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool or what ever you find to do the job. When thats done put it back in your xbox and see what happend. 

480p bios with stock HDD worked fine so I guess my new HDD just fuzzed up somehow. Going to reformat now hopefully won't happen again.

EDIT: So I tried cloning a different HDD that I had laying around from the stock HDD and that also did not work so possibly an issue with my SATA to IDE adapter? The pins are slightly bent from the amount of switching I've had to do but nothing too crazy. Quite frustrating as I was about to FTP some games over when this started happening initially.

Edited by UserFriendly

Glad to hear that the 480p with the stock HDD and cable works. That means that the bios is working and your XBox and chip is ok. :)

Back 2  your problem. It could also be the IDE cable. If you have another 80 wire on hand try to chnage that. Or in some cases the 40 wire works with SATA adapter. You could try that just see see what happneds. And I would try it with a freesh fromated HDD. Use FatXPlorer 3.0 for that. ( https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/ ).

And when FatXPlorercan read your HDD (which is hopefully unlocked?) your HDD should be also fine which leads us to either the IDE cable or Adapter.

10 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Glad to hear that the 480p with the stock HDD and cable works. That means that the bios is working and your XBox and chip is ok. :)

Back 2  your problem. It could also be the IDE cable. If you have another 80 wire on hand try to chnage that. Or in some cases the 40 wire works with SATA adapter. You could try that just see see what happneds. And I would try it with a freesh fromated HDD. Use FatXPlorer 3.0 for that. ( https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/ ).

And when FatXPlorercan read your HDD (which is hopefully unlocked?) your HDD should be also fine which leads us to either the IDE cable or Adapter.

I have already reformatted my HDD once on my PC during this process to check that. What does this program do differently than any other Disk Formatting service? I have come to the same conclusion though that it must be the cable or more likely the adapter.