OGXbox.com

Xecuter 2

Clout

Hey , I just bought a Xbox with a xecuter 2 from my thrift store . When I boot it up it says xecuter 2 yet the Xbox seems stock . It's like they put the chip in and called it a day lmao .

Wondering how I could change the bios and be able to add roms and dashboards , couldn't find much info online about this chip . 

Any help will be much appreciated . 

It could be any mod chip or even had the onboard bios re-flashed, Your best bet is to post a pic of the inside.

I the early days I did heaps of bios re-flashes or mod chips without upgrading the HDD as the teens could not afford a bigger HDD and only wanted to load copied disks anyway.

The fact it looks stock tells me the HDD is probably stock and will need upgrading, I would recommend you fit a 2tb hard drive using a sata2ide adaptor with a 80way IDE cable.

As for what bios to use, The Ind5004.67 or the Ind 5003.67 xios patched,  EvoxM8 Plus are my goto bios files and both are on the OGXbox Installer disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

It could be any mod chip or even had the onboard bios re-flashed, Your best bet is to post a pic of the inside.

I the early days I did heaps of bios re-flashes or mod chips without upgrading the HDD as the teens could not afford a bigger HDD and only wanted to load copied disks anyway.

The fact it looks stock tells me the HDD is probably stock and will need upgrading, I would recommend you fit a 2tb hard drive using a sata2ide adaptor with a 80way IDE cable.

As for what bios to use, The Ind5004.67 or the Ind 5003.67 xios patched,  EvoxM8 Plus are my goto bios files and both are on the OGXbox Installer disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Alright man , I'll pull it apart and get some pics tmr , I'll definitely be upgrading the HDD . It has a board on the front of the Xbox with 3 switches and a blue LED , it also glows blue inside the Xbox.

I've attached a image if exactly what I got .

Xecuter-2-Lite-Original-XBox-Modchip.jpg

11 hours ago, Clout said:

Alright man , I'll pull it apart and get some pics tmr , I'll definitely be upgrading the HDD . It has a board on the front of the Xbox with 3 switches and a blue LED , it also glows blue inside the Xbox.

I've attached a image if exactly what I got .

Xecuter-2-Lite-Original-XBox-Modchip.jpg

That chip will hold 2 X 512kb bios files so the other bios you could use is the  X2-5035.67

I think to flash that mod chip you will need to have the bank 1 and 2 bios files combined into one file, I have the 2.6 version if that chip and found when I flashed bank 1 it would also refash bank 2 with the same bios. I found it easier to use the x2bm_v23 program to make the required 1024kb file to flash to the modchip.

Here is a copy if you need it https://1fichier.com/?3e2v2lo7znkrgr9g2bqh

Cheers

SS Dave

On 8/18/2021 at 5:15 PM, SS_Dave said:

That chip will hold 2 X 512kb bios files so the other bios you could use is the  X2-5035.67

I think to flash that mod chip you will need to have the bank 1 and 2 bios files combined into one file, I have the 2.6 version if that chip and found when I flashed bank 1 it would also refash bank 2 with the same bios. I found it easier to use the x2bm_v23 program to make the required 1024kb file to flash to the modchip.

Here is a copy if you need it https://1fichier.com/?3e2v2lo7znkrgr9g2bqh

Cheers

SS Dave

So i got XBlast and the bios you linked me , how do i go about flashing it now ? ive never done this to a xbox before and really cant find any good vids on it online. gonna get a new HDD once its flashed and everything, then clone the drive to the new one. i just want it to be all pimped out with the modded dashboards and stuff. 

Here is a copy of the X2-5035.67_v16 and EvoxM8.67 1meg file and both are suitable for the version 1.6

https://1fichier.com/?fvadajaz48rhhaog66v7

Download and save it on your PC somewhere you can find it

Have the Xbox connected to the home network and power on, then run the Xblast app on the Xbox

Once Xblast has opened click on the settings tap on the right

Scroll to Flash Menu and press A the highlite Net Flash and press A

It will give you a IP address to connect to, On your PC in any browser enter that IP address.

When the flash screen opens click on choose file  and find and select the X25035EvoxM8.bin file, then upload and flash

The screen on the Xbox should have a bar graph and then shortly shut down.

Bank 1 is the X2-5035.67 and Bank 2 is the EvoxM8.67

Cheers

SS Dave

21 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Here is a copy of the X2-5035.67_v16 and EvoxM8.67 1meg file and both are suitable for the version 1.6

https://1fichier.com/?fvadajaz48rhhaog66v7

Download and save it oon you PC somewhere you can find it

Have the Xbox connected to the home network and power on, then run the Xblast app on the Xbox

Once Xblast has opened click on the settings tap on the right

Scroll to Flash Menu and press A the highlite Net Flash and press A

It will give you a IP address to connect to, On your PC in any browser enter that IP address.

When the flash screen opens click on choose file  and find and select the X25035EvoxM8.bin file, then upload and flash

The screen on the Xbox should have a bar graph and then shortly shut down.

Bank 1 is the X2-5035.67 and Bank 2 is the EvoxM8.67

Cheers

SS Dave

how do i get Xblast onto the xbox and run it ? 

Edited by Clout

2 hours ago, Clout said:

how do i get Xblast onto the xbox and run it ? 

You can run Xblast from a live app on the OGXbox installer DVD.

As the Xbox already has a mod-chip you can load a burnt DVD

Download the OGXbox install disk v1.5.3 from here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Burn this to a good brand DVD-r as slow as your DVD burner will go (I use Verbatim DVD-R).

put the DVD you just made inthe Xbox and power off and on then it should load

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 3:53 AM, SS_Dave said:

You can run Xblast from a live app on the OGXbox installer DVD.

As the Xbox already has a mod-chip you can load a burnt DVD

Download the OGXbox install disk v1.5.3 from here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Burn this to a good brand DVD-r as slow as your DVD burner will go (I use Verbatim DVD-R).

put the DVD you just made inthe Xbox and power off and on then it should load

Cheers

SS Dave

Hey Dave, struggling to find some cds to burn and dont feel like spending a bunch just for 1 cd lol. i found a old dvd-rw, would it work ? 

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Is the Xbox still booting?

If it is you could FTP Xblast to the Xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

It still boots. what does FTP mean ? Does that not involve a CD ? 

9 minutes ago, Clout said:

It still boots. what does FTP mean ? Does that not involve a CD ? 

FTP is sending the files from you computer via a cat5 and you home network so no cd/dvd needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

49 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

FTP is sending the files from you computer via a cat5 and you home network so no cd/dvd needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Oh hell yeah , sounds good . How do I FTP the files man ? 

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What dash is the Xbox loading to?

You will also need a cat5 or cat6 network cable.

Cheers

SS Dave

got the cable . xbox is completely stock from what i can tell , just says xecuter 2 when i boot. 

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Is it loading the Microsoft Dash board?

Is it the same with Bank 1 and 2?

What happens if you boot with the chip disabled?

Cheers

SS Dave

bank 1 and 2 are the same, loads into Microsoft dash. with it disabled it says Microsoft instead of xecuter 2, the console seems to be untouched other then the chip in it. only has save data for halo 2 and some pink floyd 😏

On 9/7/2021 at 5:46 AM, Clout said:

bank 1 and 2 are the same, loads into Microsoft dash. with it disabled it says Microsoft instead of xecuter 2, the console seems to be untouched other then the chip in it. only has save data for halo 2 and some pink floyd 😏

It sounds like it still has the stock hard drive and the mod chip was fitted purely to play backup's (copied disks) and they had good taste in music.

I did quite a few like that in the early days because that cost of a HHD was out of reach for some teenagers or the did not what the parents to know the Xbox was modded.

You could try burning the OGXbox installer to a DVD-rw but I have found that a lot of Xbox DVD drives will not read the DVD-rw disk's, I also tried making a CD boot disk but the only drive that would load it was a PC DVD drive and even it would load and then lockup at random times.

I am guessing you plan on fitting a larger hard drive any so you could use FATXplorer beta to format the new HDD and install a dash to it, once it's done fit the new HDD and then the Xbox should boot from it.

You will still need to reflash the modchip as the bios that's on the mod chip will probably not support a large HDD. But once the box is booting from a non Microsoft dash updating the mod chip will be easy.

Cheers

SS Dave