OGXbox.com

Philips DVD drive failing to load discs (X4G says 'Busy', MSDash gives error)

Mu.

As the title states, the Philips drive in my 1.2 is refusing to boot/read discs. In XBMC4Gamers it appears in the top right corner as you would expect, but the text that accompanies it just says "Busy". It says this as well in the file manager. In the retail dashboard it will throw up the usual "Could not read this disc" error. It also has the telltale 'hitches' during the flubber animation that appear whenever the DVD drive is disconnected.

Is this indicative of a hardware issue with the drive? I'm confident its not my mainboard nor my cable. I'm really, really not up for cannibalising another Xbox to fix this one and listings for individual drives are non-existant.

I have a couple of dead Philips DVD drives here, Your best bet is to fit a bigger HDD and use a no DVD bios and forget about the DVD or keep searching.

There was someone in the US on Faceook selling some not long ago.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, Mu. said:

Can ind-bios get around the dvd check or is it just Evox that's capable of it?

The Ind5004.67 or Ind5003.67 Xios patched both support No DVD

The Evox and Ind bios files are both 256kb so suitable for replacing the onboard bios and the X2-5035.67 also supports no DVD but it's 512kb in size.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

An unusual development: I ended up purchasing a second console (Another 1.2 w/ a Samsung drive). The philips drive works perfectly in the new system. I've also had issues booting from the hard disk on my original 1.2 so I think there's a bigger underlying issue here. But at least I'm certain I have 2 working drives now.

EDIT: It's the cable, I feel like an idiot lol!

Edited by Mu.