OGXbox.com

1TB Drive, F Drive missing after Ftp games

kgm316

Hi guys, I recently discovered all the cool stuff everyone has done on the og xbox. So Ive tried to join in. I formatted the 1TB drive and used indbios4.67 on a a hard mod old aladdin advance chip. Used boxexplorer 1.3 and had working on unleashx, but now f: drive is gone. I ftp games possibly more than 120gig. The f drive was setup to 920gb  or what was left at 64 no ER, I followed a 2tb video on youtube to get full drive showing. When i open boxexplorer its still there.

Does anyone know what might fix it ?

Should I reformat and speard to g drive ?

Any help is appreciated.

Which BIOS/kernel is installed to the modchip?

OGXbox Installer loads a Boot-from-media (BFM) BIOS that includes the LBA48 v2 or later patch which reads the partition table from the hard drive.

The BIOS on your modchip may not have that patch.  When booting into UnleashX from the hard drive, run XBPartitioner v1.3 to make sure the extended partition(s) are the correct size and no ER is printed to the left of each ones size.

Hey the kernel is 1.005838.01, it was 5004.67. Ive switched to the m8+ F&G bios. I couldnt get a flash on the new hdd working so put my old IDE in flashed the chip and then put the 1TB hdd and looks to be showing F Drive again with all the games I ftp'd. Thanks for your help. Hopefully the bios is correct now

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kgm316 said:

I was booting from hdd, had a reflash crash and modchip i screwed now. Either get another chip or is it possible to use the softmod to get me to the dash and then reflash the modchip

You can't flash the modchip after booting the stock BIOS from the flash memory chip on the motherboard.

You'll need another modchip to boot the console then you can swap modchips to reflash the one that's now messed up.

Or, if the LPC-connected flash memory chip on your modchip is in a socket, purchase an external programmer to reflash that chip then reinstall it into the modchip.

52 minutes ago, kgm316 said:

Thanks, What type of eeprom programmer and type of socket, would this do the job https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32960712710.html

EZP2019 High-Speed USB SPI Programmer+12 Adapters Support 24 25 93 EEPROM 25 Flash Bios Chip

You could buy a Aladdin mod chip for that then you have another mod chip for the next Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

I dont like wasting the old chip, I have aladdin XT coming too, but would the programmer flash the sst 49lf020 chip, as I can take it out of the socket easy. Also can I use the XT sst 49lf020A chip which I think is 1mb compared to the previous 256k chip to avoid having to rewire. the old points on the modchip are L2, L1, BT, D0

the XT looks different X, L1, D0, H0, BT

Its a 1.4 Motherboard

The programmer you linked to will work for the 24Cxxx serial eeprom chip.

You will need the 8-pin test clamp/clip for the 24-series serial eeprom used on the Xbox motherboard - the configuration EEPROM.

• SOIC8 Clip

Here's another programmer: https://www.amazon.com/AiTrip-EEPROM-CH341A-Programmer-Module/dp/B07V6WLF4S/

Many other sellers have a similar device - search for CH341A.

And, another at aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002333875551.html

This SPI programmer will NOT flash the SST49LF0x0A flash memory chips used on Xbox modchips that hold the BIOS.  You need a different programmer for them.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, kgm316 said:

I dont like wasting the old chip, I have aladdin XT coming too

Once you have booted of the new chip you can then reflash the old chip with a hot swap.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, kgm316 said:

Also can I use the XT sst 49lf020A chip which I think is 1mb compared to the previous 256k chip

As far as I have read they are the same capacity the 49LF080 as used in the Xblast lite modchip is a 1meg chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.