OGXbox.com

A small thought about the Aladdin XT 2 Plus BT wiring

Mu.

I was looking at the typical Aladdin XT 2 Plus modchips that are still available/being produced for the Xbox a while ago, and I thought to myself that the wiring to permanently ground the BT pad seemed a little inelegant. I took a quick look at the traces on the PCB and lo and behold, they trace back to adjacent pins on the Lattice CPLD chip!

Going forward should I ever need to install another XT 2 Plus, I'll forego the wire and just bridge those two pins.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

It does look like that would work; the problem is if you want to disable the grounding for any reason. If it is just a wire between the BT pad and either the LPC connector or (I prefer) the adjacent pad its easier to remove.

There's also the danger bridging those Lattice chip pins instead that poor soldering technique might damage it too. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:06 AM, Mu. said:

I was looking at the typical Aladdin XT 2 Plus modchips that are still available/being produced for the Xbox a while ago, and I thought to myself that the wiring to permanently ground the BT pad seemed a little inelegant. I took a quick look at the traces on the PCB and lo and behold, they trace back to adjacent pins on the Lattice CPLD chip!

Going forward should I ever need to install another XT 2 Plus, I'll forego the wire and just bridge those two pins.

Untitled.jpg

That works it's just as easy to link the BT to Pin 2.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Johny white
      Having started with a soft mod, then TSPOP and finally installing an open xenium with the help of this great community I've decided to go to the next level. I've received the RAM below in the post today and just checking if this will be okay to use for upgrading to 128mb on one of my experement xbox's? I've also read somewhere that you can install one chip at a time and test it through the the one of the BIOS's that is specially made for this. Then I can continue to add more after each successful chip install!!!

• By bulkchart32
      i have recently been playing xmen: legends on my hard modded xbox. this is the 1st time i have done this. i have played this game through many times and i have noticed a couple glitches that i have never seen before. this is the first time i have ever played it from the hdd on a hard modded xbox. this is also the 1st time i have ever played it through on a v1.4 xbox. most of the times in the past were on my v1.6 and once on a v1.0. both used the disc. so i'm not certain if it is that i am playing it for the 1st time from the hdd or that i'm playing from a v1.4 xbox for the 1st time. thoughts?
    • By joublogs
      Hi all,
      I've been out of the scene for ages, but recently saved a few xboxen from clock cap death and bought some aladdin chips to mod them with.
      Also got some SATA to PATA converters, which I haven't gotten working: proper 2 cap version with the master / slave jumper and an 80-pin cable, seems to cause a conflict with the DVD drive in every config I can think of - OGXBOX DVD shows "linux" and then DVD keep seeking back and forth forever. I thought I'd update the bios to see if that helped.
      I've gone through as many threads related to this topic as I can e.g. https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3866-aladdin-flash-not-writable/ and tried the suggested solutions, but I am unable to flash a new bios to my modchip.
      I' going to try and provide as much information as possible as well as the things I've tried, in the hope that someone can assist.
      Top side of the board (this is one I haven't installed, installed one is identical with BT and D0 connected correctly, chip boots fine):

Bottom side of the board:

Stuck on erasing (and bios ID):

Bios hashes:

I'm using OGXBOX Installer 2021 DVD.
      Xbox is reported as 1.4.
      So I've tried the following:
      xflash for sst49fl020: seems to be able to dump the flash, but fails on flash with an "Flash check id failed, are you sure you have flash enabled?" XBlast 0.56: select evoxm8_67. when I press both triggers, start and white, the xbox reboots (wtf?) OGXBOX menu flash: gets stuck on erase as per the image above Tried the short and long power button presses, doesn't seem to change anything. "Chip: Protected" appears on the OGXBOX screen Any suggestions? I do have a minipro programmer somewhere with (I think) the correct adapter so could try that as last resort.
      Thanks
      -j

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.