OGXbox.com

Cross Platform Xbox Games

ArbyHALO

Are there any Xbox games that are cross platform but the Xbox version is the best version or just as good as the other versions like how Half-Life 2 for Xbox is basically just the pc version but lower res and only 30 fps but other than that it just like playing the pc version?

• 3 weeks later...

There's a video somewhere, I think it was Timesplitters FP, might have been Timesplitters 2 where they compared GC and PS2 versions with the Xbox one.

As it was a UK games TV programme they were likely all PAL versions so they did not compare it in 480p, just SD 480i/60Hz. It showed that any differences were marginal. If it was TS2 I would not expect TS FP to have been any different.

The only games with a significant graphical advantage were the games [b]originally[/b] exclusively released for the Xbpx first like Splinter Cell and I believe Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb. But after that brief period of Xbox temporary exclusives cross platform games were usually designed for the lowest common denominator one, the PS2. 

Being able to play using 480p and latterly 720p in some cases is the Xbox's big graphical advantage over the others as 480p support for them was not as common. The stuff you can find on YT clearly showing the Xbox's superiority in frame rate with TS FP as well, at least against the PS2, don't as far as I can see specify the cable type being used.  A Xbox using Component 480p is al;ways going to lick the butt of a game graphically running on Component at 480i or other SD cable type. If its not like against like its not a fair comparison.