OGXbox.com

Hi From Norway!

Flowlance

Hi. welcome onboard.

better practise on some dead PC mainboards (with soldering flux) before working on Xbox MB.

Some tipps how it works great for me:

1. apply flux to point and cable | 2. Apply tiny amount of solder to your soldering iron | 3. Tap point once with it (The point should hold some solder now)

4. Apply solder to your wire too | 5. Remove rest of solder from your soldering iron with desoldering wick (It should be clean now) |

6. Hold cabel in position to point and tap it once again with your Iron

common mistakes:

Dont hold your iron to long, tip points just once or twice (thats enough as long its heated up properly)  | To long while to hot - Result: Lifing pads

Dont use to much solder -> less means more here

Dont worry, you will improve we all did start :)

Edited by Traace

On 24/07/2018 at 9:34 AM, Traace said:

Hi. welcome onboard.

better practise on some dead PC mainboards (with soldering flux) before working on Xbox MB.

Some tipps how it works great for me:

1. apply flux to point and cable | 2. Apply tiny amount of solder to your soldering iron | 3. Tap point once with it (The point should hold some solder now)

4. Apply solder to your wire too | 5. Remove rest of solder from your soldering iron with desoldering wick (It should be clean now) |

6. Hold cabel in position to point and tap it once again with your Iron

common mistakes:

Dont hold your iron to long, tip points just once or twice (thats enough as long its heated up properly)  | To long while to hot - Result: Lifing pads

Dont use to much solder -> less means more here

Dont worry, you will improve we all did start :)

Thanks for the great advices! I've been skipping the flux part a lot, I should stop doing that... Lifting pads, been there, done that :P

On 26/07/2018 at 12:23 AM, Alaziel said:

Welcome  :-)

Thank you!

• Like 1