OGXbox.com

Added 3TB HDD and G-Drive is not displaying size correctly

HaloDo

Hello All, I recently put a Seagate 3TB HDD in an original xbox Rev. 1.6 with Xecuter 2.6 modchip. I split the F and G drives evenly and everything installed and worked fine. I just tried the same with an identical hard drive in a xbox Rev. 1.4 with Xecuter 3 CE modchip (X3 3294 Bios) and the G-drive size doesn't display correctly. I used TruHeXEn 2021 DVD-R to format the new drive. I then used XB Partitioner on that same DVD-R to format the F and G again. I pressed "A" until the F and G were even and made sure they were 64k clusters. Formats in XB Partitioner fine and then when I check the hard disk settings while still in TruHeXEn, they both display and show the same expected size. But when I eject the DVD-R and boot off the HDD and check hard disks in dashboards, the G-Drive shows as 0MB and sometimes doesn't display at all. The F works fine though. I tried formating them @ 10 times, same thing. If I FTP in, the F-Drive shows and is writable, but the G-Drive doesn't even display as an option. Any ideas why the G-Drive is not displaying the correct size? Thank you!!!

2 minutes ago, HaloDo said:

Hello All, I recently put a Seagate 3TB HDD in an original xbox Rev. 1.6 with Xecuter 2.6 modchip. I split the F and G drives evenly and everything installed and worked fine. I just tried the same with an identical hard drive in a xbox Rev. 1.4 with Xecuter 3 CE modchip (X3 3294 Bios) and the G-drive size doesn't display correctly. I used TruHeXEn 2021 DVD-R to format the new drive. I then used XB Partitioner on that same DVD-R to format the F and G again. I pressed "A" until the F and G were even and made sure they were 64k clusters. Formats in XB Partitioner fine and then when I check the hard disk settings while still in TruHeXEn, they both display and show the same expected size. But when I eject the DVD-R and boot off the HDD and check hard disks in dashboards, the G-Drive shows as 0MB and sometimes doesn't display at all. The F works fine though. I tried formating them @ 10 times, same thing. If I FTP in, the F-Drive shows and is writable, but the G-Drive doesn't even display as an option. Any ideas why the G-Drive is not displaying the correct size? Thank you!!!

Make sure you have "Use Saved Partition Table = Enabled" under disk tools in the config of X3 chip

You need to format 6 and 7 with a smaller size 1st, set 6 and 7 to 1gb or 2gb  smaller than maximum and format then power cycle the xbox and load Xbpartitioner and then set to maximum.

On some 3tb hdd drives try setting 900gb for 6, 7 then format reboot then 2gb smaller than maximum format reboot and lastly set to 1019.27gb then format and reboot then it should be all good.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

11 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Make sure you have "Use Saved Partition Table = Enabled" under disk tools in the config of X3 chip

You need to format 6 and 7 with a smaller size 1st, set 6 and 7 to 1gb or 2gb  smaller than maximum and format then power cycle the xbox and load Xbpartitioner and then set to maximum.

On some 3tb hdd drives try setting 900gb for 6, 7 then format reboot then 2gb smaller than maximum format reboot and lastly set to 1019.27gb then format and reboot then it should be all good.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Awesome! I will do all that. Thank you SS Dave!!!

I found the issue, but don't know how to fix. In the X3 Config, there is a "LBA 48 Mode" and only has options "Standard partitions, F Drive gets everything NO G, F Drive unto 137GB G Drive gets the rest". I tried all 3 options and none work to let the F and G drive be the correct size.

Also, I cannot find the "Use Saved Partition Table = Enabled" under disk tools in the config of X3 chip". 

I am using Build 3294 Bios. Any ideas how to fix? Thank you!!!

IMG_2132-x.jpg

IMG_2133-x.jpg

To me, the location of the setting to enable the use of the saved partition table is wrong.

See the imgur.com album I created to enable X3 Config Live's option Use Saved Partition Table.

https://imgur.com/a/wZOUOov

Once enabled, the default LBA48 setting options you found will be overridden when an LBA48 partition table written by XBPartitioner v1.3 is present on the hard drive (in sector 0 of the drive).  The content will be similar to this example:

219550559_XBPPartitionTableonHDD.JPG.964cd98dfdb5ce5ba05a5fb8fbc5dd73.JPG