OGXbox.com

Xbox original FTP (screwed up) Help !

psoutzis

Hi all !

I have an Xbox Original which is hard modded (i think is Aladdin mod but not sure, see picture). I have recently being adding stuff through FTP method, which had worked great until now. I tried to boot unleashx instead of EVO X which am currently using, but i accidentally renamed a file (i think it was unleashx.xbe) to something else and now it wont boot. it shows error 21 and the FTP method wont work anymore. Booting from disk also is not an option.

Anyone knows how to fix this? i head that a hard modded xbox is easier to fix than a softmod. I just need to access the HDD to just rename the file back to how it was. I tried using explorer360 (run as admin etc.. ) but could identify the driver in any case.

Any help would be appriciated, Thanks.

222.thumb.jpg.1df9c50f6ea0f578ba4b4579eef701aa.jpg
222.thumb.jpg.1df9c50f6ea0f578ba4b4579eef701aa.jpg

22222.jpg

You can't brick your XBox by just renaming a XBE. Pu an Installer disk (no matter which OGXBox or Hexen) in your DVD drive and shut down your console. After that power her back on with the dvd the drive already. After that she should boot into the installer and you can use the file explorer to rename your xbe back or simply fresh install the system.

EDIT :

In case you have an SATA HDD you can use FatXplorer 3.0 and edit all files on your PC.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

If you don't have an IDE port in your PC and your DVD drive didn't recognizeany disk, you could use an IDE PC drive to boot the DVD BUT you would need to let the yellow cable connectet to your xbox drive in order to control the PC drive and to avoid that the xbox drops out because there is no drive.

So you would put the installer in the pc dvd dive and hock it up to the IDE of the xbox and power up with your PC PSU (for example). The shut down the xbox with the installer in your drive and power the xbox back on. The installer should boot.

Thank you guys for all your answers! 

The xbox is now working great. Turns out that the DVD drive was not working properly. I have replaced the DVD drive from another xbox and it now reads discs. I have burned a dvd+r disc with HEXEN and it booted right up. I have then renamed the file and now it boots great!

Thanks

The red arrow is pointing to the clock cap and inside the yellow box is the corrosive contents of the clock cap.

Also when you are cleaning the board be careful of the wire that is coming from the D0 point on the modchip to the main board as it is easy to dislodge it.

22222-jpg-fbc030ff3a57af4fc259a3f3c895df26.jpg

The other thing I would do is remove the wire that is going to the BT (Black/White arrow) and link the BT on the modchip like the purple line.

Doing this will make the chip always active/on and the only reason for not having the chip active/off was for Xbox Live so you didn't get banned.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.