OGXbox.com

Need Bios file for Xecuter 3 CE please!

HaloDo

Hello All,

I finally got my Xecuter 3 CE working! I had to swap to a whole new console since the video out died on the old one. Somewhere in the troubleshooting of the old console the bios seems to have been wiped from the Xecuter 3 CE. Currently I am succesful getting it to boot to FlashBIOS 3.0.1, but don't have a file to load there. I've been googling, but most of the old download links are broken. What is the latest version Xecuter Bios that I am looking for? Anyone have please? Should I load it on both 1MB banks so this doesn't happen again? I've been out of the scene 10+ years, so I welcome any advice. Thank you!

51 minutes ago, HaloDo said:

Hello All,

I finally got my Xecuter 3 CE working! I had to swap to a whole new console since the video out died on the old one. Somewhere in the troubleshooting of the old console the bios seems to have been wiped from the Xecuter 3 CE. Currently I am succesful getting it to boot to FlashBIOS 3.0.1, but don't have a file to load there. I've been googling, but most of the old download links are broken. What is the latest version Xecuter Bios that I am looking for?

X3 3294 is the latest release from years ago.  (Edit: See attached file below.)

Anyone have please? Should I load it on both 1MB banks so this doesn't happen again? I've been out of the scene 10+ years, so I welcome any advice. Thank you!

Are you sure the bank select switches are working properly to select the first 1MB bank of the modchip. There's no reason the BIOS should disappear from the flash memory chip.

However, if the bank select switches are malfunctioning, mine do often which causes the console to either FRAG or boot an entirely different BIOS, slide the switches back and forth a few times to clean their internal wiper.  Then set them to ON-ON-OFF-OFF-OFF from top to bottom of the X3's external bank select switchboard.

If you have to flash the BIOS, after doing to go into the X3CL menu and Customize X3 BIOS > Reset X3 Configuration to Defaults menu option.

Edit: Highlight X3 Config Live, press (A),

K35s3Xe.png

Next, D-pad down to Reset X3 Configuration To Defaults then press (A).

VsVRb2v.png

X3_3294.rar

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

X3 3294 is the latest release from years ago.

Are you sure the bank select switches are working properly to select the first 1MB bank of the modchip. There's no reason the BIOS should disappear from the flash memory chip.

However, if the bank select switches are malfunctioning, mine do often which causes the console to either FRAG or boot an entirely different BIOS, slide the switches back and forth a few times to clean their internal wiper.  Then set them to ON-ON-OFF-OFF-OFF from top to bottom of the X3's external bank select switchboard.

Thank you! I will look for X3 3294. I tried that setting on the select switches, but won't boot. I will try your cleaning tip. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, HaloDo said:

Thank you! I will look for X3 3294. I tried that setting on the select switches, but won't boot. I will try your cleaning tip. Thank you!

Sometimes the cables connected to the bottom of the X3's external switch panel need to be disconnected and reconnected to make a good connection between it and the modchip.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Sometimes the cables connected to the bottom of the X3's external switch panel need to be disconnected and reconnected to make a good connection between it and the modchip.

Thank you KaosEngineer! It took several tries, but I was able to network flash my Xecuter 3 CE with your X3 3294 bios. I completed and works! Xbox boots normal now an most my issues have gone away. Much appreciated!

• Like 1