OGXbox.com

Redux New project Modchip

Green Hawk

Hello friends!
I'm looking to make this new Modchip project called Redux.

My question is which software to use to place the "VHDL" file to generate the .jed or .svf files in order to program the I.C. Lc4652?

My thanks to Kekule for the project and his collaborators!

link project: https://github.com/Kekule-OXC/R3DUX  

THXs

Pcb already in manufacture. 
jlcpcb.com 
value of 5 pcs $2.00.

redux_1.jpg

redux_2.jpg

Edited by Green Hawk

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

What is the status of this project? If stalled, for what reason? How can i help? I would very much like to be a part of this project.

I think the world wide chip shortage has put hold on this project.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

19 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If that's the case, then that is practically tragic. I don't know anything about semiconductor manufacturing, but aren't there any "mom and pop" foundries that can produce these chips? I mean, the lithography/technology used to make those ic chips is at least 20 years old...

Manufacturers of FGPA and other logic devices, etc. do not release their designs to be reproduced by others.

Oh DUH. It didn't even occur to me that these ic's that xecuter used on their chips were never reverse engineered for use in the r3dux, and that even if they were, it may violate patents. I guess I assumed that their functions were so simple and uncomplicated (relatively, anyway) that it would be trivial, at this point, to just clone them. Evidently, it's not this simple. So these components are still being produced? And not only that, they're being used to an extent that there's a holdup on their distribution? 

Maybe I should bug Kekule with these pedestrian-ass questions... although I think he has better things to do. I wish I could gain a better understanding of the situation without being a nuisance to the only people who really have the answers.

There are no mom and pop shops that I know of that produce integrated circuit chips.

There's information on the Open_X3 project the R3DUX is based upon - a schematic (.sch file) and a couple of pictures of a prototype modchip and schematic:

bolwire/OpenX3_Public (github.com)

The FPGA is a Lattice LC4256V (Datasheet (PDF) - Lattice Semiconductor (alldatasheet.com)), not the AcTel ProASIC APA075 that Team Xecuter rebadged them to read.

And, ChimericSystems' (Kekule's) github.com repository on the R3DUX:

ChimericSystems/R3DUX (github.com)

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

There are no mom and pop shops that I know of that produce integrated circuits chips.

There's information on the Open_X3 project the R3DUX is based upon - a schematic (.sch file) and a couple of pictures of a prototype modchip and schematic:

bolwire/OpenX3_Public (github.com)

The FPGA is a Lattice LC4256V (Datasheet (PDF) - Lattice Semiconductor (alldatasheet.com)), not the AcTel ProASIC APA075 that Team Xecuter rebadged them to read.

And, ChimericSystems' (Kekule's) github.com repository on the R3DUX:

ChimericSystems/R3DUX (github.com)

Right. I didn't mean mom and pop in a very literal sense, just a manufacturer that isn't necessarily responsible for producing 1/5 of all the chips for the entire fucking planet. That's all. :) However, as ive recently discovered, it doesnt really apply when it comes to these components... Or at all, i guess. Oops.

Thank you for the links. I will absorb every little bit of info i can. I still have a lot to learn, obviously.