OGXbox.com

Xbox2HDMI - Seamless HDMI Output for the Original Xbox!

electron-shepherd

• 9 months later...

Hi Shane,

Would this adapter work with a PAL version Xbox Original 1.0? I'm in the UK, but my box has been soft-modded (Rocky5) & the adapter I bought here >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C3VVF4P2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details << has interference all over my 4k 58" TV. When loading up the original green flubber screen, I don't get the options to change resolution via the Video section. 

52 minutes ago, Falcon57 said:

Hi Shane,

Would this adapter work with a PAL version Xbox Original 1.0? I'm in the UK, but my box has been soft-modded (Rocky5) & the adapter I bought here >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C3VVF4P2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details << has interference all over my 4k 58" TV. When loading up the original green flubber screen, I don't get the options to change resolution via the Video section. 

Hello -

Yes, this will work with all versions of the Xbox without any of the interference that you're describing. You will not be able to see any higher resolutions unless you soft mod your Xbox to be an NTSC region as PAL consoles are not capable of outputting higher than 480i via software lock.

-Shane

• 2 months later...

What resolutions do these output? Is it just the original resolution, just over HDMI rather than component, e.g. 480p output becomes 480p over HDMI, or is there some kind of scaling built in? What about 480i, does this deinterlace, or does it just transmit a digital 480i signal over HDMI?

I’m thinking of buying one of these since it seems like a great deal, but I’d like to know this since it might influence the screen I hook it up to.

21 minutes ago, HarryRobinson said:

What resolutions do these output? Is it just the original resolution, just over HDMI rather than component, e.g. 480p output becomes 480p over HDMI, or is there some kind of scaling built in? What about 480i, does this deinterlace, or does it just transmit a digital 480i signal over HDMI?

I’m thinking of buying one of these since it seems like a great deal, but I’d like to know this since it might influence the screen I hook it up to.

I have one and it works perfecty. Especially with a 720P CRT I have with HDMI in.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2021 at 12:12 PM, electron-shepherd said:

Hello! 

After months of focusing primarily on the Nintendo Wii, the Electron Shepherd team has just released a new product that we are thrilled to share: the Xbox2HDMI module!

This tiny, power-packed module takes in the Component video and digital audio output from the Original Xbox and outputs an HDMI signal with embedded Dolby Digital Surround Sound (if that audio setting is enabled in your Xbox’s settings).  This module utilizes a fully custom PCB with a higher quality, next generation IC compared to what is typically used on the widely available Wii2HDMI and VGA2HDMI modules that are readily available online. If you are not happy with those modules, then you will absolutely be happy with these.

This module efficiently supports the 480i, 720p, and 1080i resolutions that are default to the original Xbox.

These units can be bought with ease on our store located here: https://electron-shepherd.com/xbox2hdmi/

Please let use know if you have any questions about this or any other product we currently offer!

- Shane from Electron Shepherd LLC

https://twitter.com/ElectronShep

Hi,

I love your product, but I’ve encountered an issue, which I believe is HDCP. Does your product have HDCP protection and how would I go about to bypass that?

6 hours ago, Sledge said:

Hi,

I love your product, but I’ve encountered an issue, which I believe is HDCP. Does your product have HDCP protection and how would I go about to bypass that?

Out of curiosity, what is the issue you're experiencing?