OGXbox.com

Xbox2HDMI - Seamless HDMI Output for the Original Xbox!

electron-shepherd

Hello! 

After months of focusing primarily on the Nintendo Wii, the Electron Shepherd team has just released a new product that we are thrilled to share: the Xbox2HDMI module!

This tiny, power-packed module takes in the Component video and digital audio output from the Original Xbox and outputs an HDMI signal with embedded Dolby Digital Surround Sound (if that audio setting is enabled in your Xbox’s settings).  This module utilizes a fully custom PCB with a higher quality, next generation IC compared to what is typically used on the widely available Wii2HDMI and VGA2HDMI modules that are readily available online. If you are not happy with those modules, then you will absolutely be happy with these.

This module efficiently supports the 480i, 720p, and 1080i resolutions that are default to the original Xbox.

These units can be bought with ease on our store located here: https://electron-shepherd.com/xbox2hdmi/

Please let use know if you have any questions about this or any other product we currently offer!

- Shane from Electron Shepherd LLC

https://twitter.com/ElectronShep

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honest question: How does this differ from any of the other such solutions on the market at a comparable price range? I just dug up my old OG Xbox 1.0 and I'm looking for an HDMI adapter. Found one on Amazon.de that was highly rated, but there were many negative reviews talking about picture dropouts and poor quality.

17 hours ago, Salamihawk said:

Honest question: How does this differ from any of the other such solutions on the market at a comparable price range? 

We designed these modules with the highest quality components available to avoid the many types of negative issues that those similarly priced adapters have. We heard a lot of problems with regards to those products, so we wanted to do better.

2 hours ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

Always great to see another option that supports Dolby Digital 5.1 output!

With the exception of the Chimeric Systems HDMI adapter, all other HDMI adapters for the Xbox do not tap the console's Dolby Digital 5.1 audio stream.

That's one of the biggest reasons why we pursued this product in this format!

-S

5 hours ago, electron-shepherd said:

We designed these modules with the highest quality components available to avoid the many types of negative issues that those similarly priced adapters have. We heard a lot of problems with regards to those products, so we wanted to do better.

I've read about picture dropouts and whatnot with other products. Just coincidentally I only dug up my old Xbox yesterday and I plan on getting it working again, so this post had perfect timing :) I've ordered one to be delivered to me in Germany. I'm curious to see how it works (if I can get my old Xbox back up and running again, that is!)

• 4 weeks later...

I received my XBOX2HDMI today. Crossed my fingers and pluged in, works great! I was previously getting lines on the solid backgrounds, NONE with the XBOX2HDMI ! I was using the Hyperkin Panorama HDMI cable and that was almost unusable because of the background lines and even jagged edges that were not visible on Component or Composite. The XBOX3HDMI has none of the bad, looks crisp, bright and clear as can be, no issues, no flashing black screens, solid and working. THANK YOU ELECTRON SPEPHERD! Great product!!!!

Thank you,

Robert

XBOX Original Revision 1.4, Xecuter 2.6 CE, XBMC4Gamers

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine in yesterday and I gotta say is: Holy frickin beautiful picture!! I have the original HD composite cords and the games looked very good by that alone, but this little bad ass really brings out the picture! I can report NO sound issues at all, sound is fully working. I tested it on a 22 inch insignia and a 41 inch Panasonic plasma and both pictures are pristine. No jagged lines or edges like people have reported with other HD cables. I ordered another one for my 2nd Xbox. Anyone on the fence about these can jump off and scoop one up knowing this probably hands down BEST replacement for your AV cables for the OGXbox. 

Edited by ChaoticAnarchyX
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 4:31 AM, ChaoticAnarchyX said:

Just got mine in yesterday and I gotta say is: Holy frickin beautiful picture!! I have the original HD composite cords and the games looked very good by that alone, but this little bad ass really brings out the picture! I can report NO sound issues at all, sound is fully working. I tested it on a 22 inch insignia and a 41 inch Panasonic plasma and both pictures are pristine. No jagged lines or edges like people have reported with other HD cables. I ordered another one for my 2nd Xbox. Anyone on the fence about these can jump off and scoop one up knowing this probably hands down BEST replacement for your AV cables for the OGXbox. 

So happy to hear that you're happy with our products thus far! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or recommendations for ways that we can improve.

-Shane

If anyone has issues with Xbox2HDMI producing no sound, I found a work around to get it back, though it won't have the Dolby Surround or DTS.

Simply fire up the Xbox and load into the Xbox stock dashboard.

Go to settings and then Audio settings.

Change the output to stereo and turn off the Dolby Surround and DTS, then back out all the way to the normal 4 options on the stock dashboard.

Restart amd you should now have sound. 

I have a feeling its something to do with flashed BIOS's not sending something from the surround out the rightway...

1 hour ago, ChaoticAnarchyX said:

If anyone has issues with Xbox2HDMI producing no sound, I found a work around to get it back, though it won't have the Dolby Surround or DTS.

Simply fire up the Xbox and load into the Xbox stock dashboard.

Go to settings and then Audio settings.

Change the output to stereo and turn off the Dolby Surround and DTS, then back out all the way to the normal 4 options on the stock dashboard.

Restart amd you should now have sound. 

I have a feeling its something to do with flashed BIOS's not sending something from the surround out the rightway...

Is it a version 1.0 as I received a email before I even received the adaptor saying they have a no sound issue on the 1.0 and offered a me refund.

I tested it on my test screen and I got no sound but when I tried it on my main TV it works fine with Dolby Digital and DTS enabled

I also get not sound on my test screen when using the internal N64 HDMI that also uses the digital audio signal and by setting the audio to stereo in the MS dash fixed that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yes, SS Dave is correct.  There is a bug that was quickly identified with this design at the time of release that causes only some TVs to not play sound when using these modules on Revision 1.0 hardware.  We are actively working with our team and the manufacturer of the main conversion IC to come up with a solution.  At the moment it appears to be caused by a slight difference in the digital audio signaling between Revision 1.0 Xbox’s and any of the other revisions.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, electron-shepherd said:

We are actively working with our team and the manufacturer of the main conversion IC to come up with a solution.

I am still totally 100% satisfied with the two i've already bought, but wouldn't mind being able to fully unlock my Xbox's potential

My second one is on my 22inch insignia and that is a rev 1.2 and no sound issues of any kind. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled for when the next release come out and scoop one up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interested in this Xbox2HDMI plug-in and play adapter. I'm curious how how it compares to other products I've used.

*  The Pound Cable Xbox HDMI adapter I had mixed results with, wasn't super happy with the quality, but it was better than composite for sure. 

*  The HDMI mod called XboxHD+ (by MakeMhz) I installed on one of my Xboxes. It's a bit involved and requires some decent soldering skill to install also requires a softmodded Xbox, but it has really impressive results and even has some smoothing and upscaling options. Also pairs this well with the Mclassic upscaler.

I'm curious how the Xbox2HDMI compares in quality to using standard component cables as well as how it compares to other similar devices on the market. Also does it offer any upscaling options?

Thanks for your time.

~Scot

Edited by Tawn

1 hour ago, Tawn said:

I'm interested in this Xbox2HDMI plug-in and play adapter. I'm curious how how it compares to other products I've used.

*  The Pound Cable Xbox HDMI adapter I had mixed results with, wasn't super happy with the quality, but it was better than composite for sure. 

*  The HDMI mod called XboxHD+ (by MakeMhz) I installed on one of my Xboxes. It's a bit involved and requires some decent soldering skill to install also requires a softmodded Xbox, but it has really impressive results and even has some smoothing and upscaling options. Also pairs this well with the Mclassic upscaler.

I'm curious how the Xbox2HDMI compares in quality to using standard component cables as well as how it compares to other similar devices on the market. Also does it offer any upscaling options?

Thanks for your time.

~Scot

The Xbox2hdmi is basically a component and digital audio to HDMI adaptor that has the Dolby 5.1 Digital signal in the HDMI lead, The Pound cable is a low quality component to HDMI the uses the Analog (Left, Right) audio converted to digital added to the HDMI signal.

Of the external units there is the Chimeric System and xbox2hdmi that use the 5.1 digital audio then you have the pound cable and others or the wii2hdmi modified to a Xbox and they all use the analogue audio with component video.

The internal ones are the N64 freak HDMI the uses the component video with the 5.1 digital audio then you have the wiii2hdmi internal that uses the left/right audio and the component video.

All the above methods do not upscale.

The MakeMhz internal XboxHD+ is the only one I know of that upscales.

The xbox2hdmi has a issue with some version 1.0 Xbox's only with no audio output.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...

I'm planning buying one. Currently my unmoded PAL Xbox (living in Germany) Rev 1.3 is hooked up with this Bigben Component Cable/Box with optical out to a 58" Panasonic 4K LED TV. The picture is good for a 567i-signal although I experience some pink-/greenish smears on brighter surfaces like the sand dunes in Conflict Desert Storm. It might be the RCA-cables shielding leading from the "box" to the TV. Even though they are quite sturdy and thick in diameter, these 3x 1 meter cable just cost 13 bucks altogether. 

But long story short: I wonder if the  Xbox2HDMI adapter does any of those green/pink smears or worse has any input lag? Does somebody have experience with that because I can't find anything regarding that. 

I also wondered if I can route the Dolby Digital 5.1 Signal going into my TV directly into my home theater system? Generally I route all the 5.1 signals e.g. Netflix or Amazon Prime directly via digital output into my Logitech Z550. 

Thank you in advance for anyones response.

Edited by DerSchlitzer
Addition

• 3 months later...