OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT Plus 2 boot problem

iii869

Hi there, greetings from Russia
One newbie needs help

I just installed Aladdin xt plus2 with new hdd 500gb via sata adaptor. 
Auto Installer Deluxe cd recognize my hdd and formate it with subsequent installation of dashboard but this is where the problems begin.

If i try to boot i get eror 13 but if i swap hdd with dvd on ide cable (hope you can understand the wording) - everything is fine and i can boot in to EvoX.

There is some boot priority and with default cable connection my bios cant find dash location or i miss something?

How can i fix this ?

Thank you

Добро пожаловать. 

Do you have flashed your Aladdin with the right bios for your installation? Most of the Aladdins come with a cromwell or old evox bios which can cause those problems.

Error 13 means the xbox could not load your dashboard. I would use the AID to flash the right bios to your Aladdin and see if that solves your problem (which it should).

But pick the right bios depending on your XBox version (1.0 - 1.4 or 1.6).

Still some questions:

1. Do you use a 80 wire IDE cable or the old 40 wire for your SATA adapter?
  2. What HDD do you use (Seagate, Western Digital Green/Blue)?

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Добро пожаловать. 

Do you have flashed your Aladdin with the right bios for your installation? Most of the Aladdins come with a cromwell or old evox bios which can cause those problems.

Error 13 means the xbox could not load your dashboard. I would use the AID to flash the right bios to your Aladdin and see if that solves your problem (which it should).

But pick the right bios depending on your XBox version (1.0 - 1.4 or 1.6).

Still some questions:

1. Do you use a 80 wire IDE cable or the old 40 wire for your SATA adapter?
  2. What HDD do you use (Seagate, Western Digital Green/Blue)?

Thank you for feedback

I did not flash bios yet cuz naively thought that everything should work out of the box :/ and my XBox version i 1.6

Answering your questions:

1. I think i have stock 40 wire IDE 

2. TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 500gb

21 minutes ago, iii869 said:

Thank you for feedback

I did not flash bios yet cuz naively thought that everything should work out of the box :/ and my XBox version i 1.6

Answering your questions:

1. I think i have stock 40 wire IDE 

2. TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 500gb

You will need a 80 wire 40 pin IDE cable.

What Sata to Ide adaptor have you used?

As the Xbox is a version 1.6 you need to use the EvoxM8+ bios as the Evox bios that's factory flashed on the chip doesn't support a HDD above 160gb.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

39 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You will need a 80 wire 40 pin IDE cable.

What Sata to Ide adaptor have you used?

As the Xbox is a version 1.6 you need to use the EvoxM8+ bios as the Evox bios that's factory flashed on the chip doesn't support a HDD above 160gb.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Got it, tomorrow i'll try to find new 80 wire cable

Now i tried to flash Evoxm8+ via OGXbox Installer but it just freez on erasing

Bios.jpg

That is the second 49LF002B which is not flashable. EvoX should be able to flash the chip without a problem but, like Dave said, try XBlast.

1. Launch " 1.1. Launch X-Box File Explorer UX. "
  2. Copy the bios you like to flash to : " C:\Bios ". ( I would suggest the " M8.16.CEC.FG.evoxdash.256.bin ".
  3. Rename the bios to : " bios.bin "
  4. Close the file explorer with the back button.
  5. Go to " 2.8.3. Launch XBlast OS v0.56. " an try to flash the chip.

Could you make a picture of your Aladdin mod chip?

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

That is the second 49LF002B which is not flashable. EvoX should be able to flash the chip without a problem but, like Dave said, try XBlast.

1. Launch " 1.1. Launch X-Box File Explorer UX. "
  2. Copy the bios you like to flash to : " C:\Bios ". ( I would suggest the " M8.16.CEC.FG.evoxdash.256.bin ".
  3. Rename the bios to : " bios.bin "
  4. Close the file explorer with the back button.
  5. Go to " 2.8.3. Launch XBlast OS v0.56. " an try to flash the chip.

Could you make a picture of your Aladdin mod chip?

Unfortunately when i run XBlast i get "Unsupported modchip".

There are few screens of error and modchip itself.

And one little thing, before i replace old hdd (on which the softmod was installed) it was booted with new chip without any problem.

This is definitely a BIOS problem or smth else?

xblast.jpg

Aladd2.jpg

aladd.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iii869 said:

And one little thing, before i replace old hdd (on which the softmod was installed) it was booted with new chip without any problem.

You can ignore the "Unsupported modchip" massage. This is just if you would like to flash XBlastOS to the Modchip.

So just select the wheel symbole on the right and try to flash the chip (HDD Flash option).

One thing you could try before flashing is go to " 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD " and install the HDD again using my installer. Maybe you just miss a file on C or E (Depending on the bios which is on the chip) or a .xbe points to a wrong folder. Worth a shot in my opinion. In case your bios loads "evoxdash.xbe" first of the C drive, the XBox then should boot up UnleashX which is the default dashboard for my Installer and a evoxdash.xbe  will be placed on C and E when installing a new HDD and both point to " E:\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe".

Thanks for the pictures. Thats the same chip the other user had which was also not flashable. I begin to wonder if that Lattice controller causes the problem. To me it looks like a "fake" controller chip. The SST though is fine and looks original. In case you have an external programmer on hand, you could flash the SST with it.

32 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The SST though is fine and looks original. In case you have an external programmer on hand, you could flash the SST with it.

However, the SST chip is mislabeled as an 49LF020A, not 49LF002B

The flash chip's JEDEC ID reports the  manufacturer ID of 0xbf (SST) and the device ID of 0x57 (49LF002B), not 0xbf (SST) 0x52 (49LF020A).

Edit: I too am trying to help another user with their similar looking Aladdin modchip.

• Like 1

Right, now that you say that, I see it as well. Didn't paid to much attention to the "stuck on flash" screen.

I have quick checked the evox.ini and both are supportet there:

• Flash = 0xbf52,"SST 49LF020A",0x40000
  • Flash = 0xbf57,"SST 49LF002A / 49LF002B",0x40000

So the problem could maybe the lattice which tries to use 0xbf57 instead of 0xbf52 because of a misslabeled SST? That would meen, that it would be impossible to flash these chips whitout reflashing the Lattice with an programmer or flashing the SST external.

Some weeks ago, I had some fake DuoX2 chips which I was not able to flash. I needed to desolder them and flash them with my programmer. But after that they worked fine but still not flashable when soldered (Not even when I used the fix which was on the website to force them into flash mode).

2 hours ago, iii869 said:

Aladd2.jpg

In this pic the chip would not be active and it will never flash...

Aladd2-thumb.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Allright guys, i came back with a little update

1) I resoldered BT link connection and it gave nothing, i still cant reflash my bios with any metods which you suggested (EvoX / XBlast)

2) When i tried setup a new large HDD via OGXbox Installer console just stuck on the copying files (screenshot below) but AID did the job done 
(I don't know why OGX refused to copy files and is a little upset because overall I liked it)

3) And the most important point - i replaced stock 40 wire IDE with a 80 wire and as a result everything worked as it should even with a preflashed bios (but i'm not sure it was only about the cable or resolder BT link connection)

Thank you all very much for your help! I learned a lot of new things

"Hug you warmly"

stuck.jpg

Edited by iii869

The main thing is you got it working.

What type of Sata 2 Ide adaptor are you using

I have tried the slim style chinese type and found the results mixed and the speed to access the HDD is also very slow, compared to the full size version that has the 2 capacitors and the Startech brand.

I have found this type is the slow one.

Slow-Sata-to-Ide.jpg

and this one is ok

SATA-IDE-Adapter.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

On the screen you try to install just a single dashboard. But still strange that the disk stuck using "3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD".  I had that one time but after a reboot the disk worked.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:
and this one is ok

SATA-IDE-Adapter.jpg

There are some of these latly without the master and slave umper which I assume are also not working. ( Picture: https://imgur.com/a/u6toQY8 )

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

On the screen you try to install just a single dashboard. But still strange that the disk stuck using "3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD".  I had that one time but after a reboot the disk worked.

There are some of these latly without the master and slave umper which I assume are also not working. ( Picture: https://imgur.com/a/u6toQY8 )

At least it's set to master and it looks like you could solder a link for slave or cable select, Some of the cheap ones are factory set and not changeable/

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The main thing is you got it working.

What type of Sata 2 Ide adaptor are you using

I have tried the slim style chinese type and found the results mixed and the speed to access the HDD is also very slow, compared to the full size version that has the 2 capacitors and the Startech brand.

I have found this type is the slow one.

Slow-Sata-to-Ide.jpg

and this one is ok

SATA-IDE-Adapter.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

I have the same slim style from aliexpress but didn't check how fast it is, I'm glad that it works at all for 2$ 

One last question.

When I try exit back from game to dashboard (triggers + back + black) console just reboot and got error cuz modchip is activated by press power for 1 sec not just power on/off. There is any option to reconfig this process for booting always in modchip way or i can forget about it because i need to reflash bios (which i can't reflash with soft because my chip is fake one)?

11 minutes ago, iii869 said:

I have the same slim style from aliexpress but didn't check how fast it is, I'm glad that it works at all for 2$ 

One last question.

When I try exit back from game to dashboard (triggers + back + black) console just reboot and got error cuz modchip is activated by press power for 1 sec not just power on/off. There is any option to reconfig this process for booting always in modchip way or i can forget about it because i need to reflash bios (which i can't reflash with soft because my chip is fake one)?

Has the chip still got the bios file it was shipped with?

When you boot the Xbox do you get a purple logo in the top left of the screen.

This is how I link the Aladdin chip and then I cut the Lframe trace

BT link

797811988_AladdinBT.thumb.jpg.8124039151dd2e2b09e9cf1eb321b292.jpg

Lframe trace cut and when you cut the trace you don't need the D0 point connected 

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

This is a Aladdin chip I mod for the 1.6 Xbox this way the led is on only when the Xbox is running

IMG_20200404_103218.jpg.e98d9f1a9035534dc245b75ad3bdff2f.thumb.jpg.77714f911f2b39fac85ab8ff173e371a.jpg

If possible can you post a pic off the bottom of the main board.

Cheers

SS Dave