OGXbox.com

Dual Dashboard with Dual Bios

KpCollins

Hello

So I have a Chip called a jafar, Its an upgraded Aladdin XT with Xblast. 1 Bank of 512, 1 256 and the last 256 is reserved for the Xblast which always boots first.

My Question is how do I get Dual Dashboards with this? I have UnleashedX as I've always liked it but want to give XBMC a try

Ideally I'm looking to have say Unleashed X boot with the 512mb X2 5035.137 bios and XBMC Boot with the evox.m8plus bios or visa versa

After extensive searching online I am none the wiser, Could someone point me in the right direction to get started?

1 hour ago, KpCollins said:

Ideally I'm looking to have say Unleashed X boot with the 512mb X2 5035.137 bios and XBMC Boot with the evox.m8plus bios or visa versa

After extensive searching online I am none the wiser, Could someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Your on the right track

For simplicity use the 256kb with EvoxM8 to boot to Unleashed X

The have the X2-5053.67 in the 512kb bank, you then edit the config file on E drive to load XBMC.

FTP this to E drive root directory after editing it

x2config.ini

If you open it with Notepad on your PC and change the dash1name to look for XBMC 1st

If you have XBMC on F drive the use this,  dash1Name = f:xbmc/default.xbe

; 255 characters max here, format is <drive>:<path_to_xbe>.xbe, e.g. "f:dashes\avalaunch.xbe"
; keep all paths lowercase just in case you have any issues with dashboards booting
dash1Name = f:evoxdash.xbe
dash2Name = e:evoxdash.xbe
dash3Name = c:evoxdash.xbe
dash4Name = c:xbmc.xbe
dash5Name = c:xboxdash.xbe

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Right, there is another Evox in the E/Dash/EvolutionX file path that is the Dash3name part

So, the Evoxdash on the roor of C is just a dummy?

Now I understand these are not the Dash's I talked about but I'll get it working right with these, i have XBMX4Gamers I can rip

image.png.33d39d3f21962235a61d25f6921e8ee9.png

Edited by KpCollins
Image upload

If you download the prebuilt XBMC4Gamers from the rocky5 github

Then extract and FTP to E: (should look like E:xbmc4gamers) then edit the dash1 to "dash1Name = e:xbmc4gamers/default.xbe" it will then load xbmc4gamers as the default dash.

1 hour ago, KpCollins said:

Hmm, Bit more confused lol. So my Xbox Boots to unleashedX but according to this it should boot to Evox?

evoxdash.xbe on the C drive root directory is most of the time a shortcut to the location of the dash the installer disk/app set as default.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

8 hours ago, KpCollins said:

Hmm, Bit more confused lol. So my Xbox Boots to unleashedX but according to this it should boot to Evox?

image.png.5c458d93b5f454812a05933cc6b6d4a9.png

This is currently unchanged

C:\evoxdash.xbe (2.91MBs) is actually UnleashX's XBE file renamed to evoxdash.xbe.

Evox +3935's XBE file is 752KBs in size while UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584 is 2.91MBs.