OGXbox.com

UnleashedX Skin Creation

KpCollins

Looking to create some skins for Unleashed X. I've download UX Architect, I've also downloaded UnleashX_Toolbox_A5 which I think are the same thing.

I cannot get it to run, Windows 10 Says it needs Net Framework 1.1.4332 and Windows XP in VMWare says the same thing. Windows 10 Will install the framework but no change, Windows XP will not. Acquiring 7 at the moment

Could anyone help me on this? I'll figure the software out but struggling with getting it running. Any Alternatives/Methods? I can write the XML File instead right?

I've long ago given up even trying to use the specific UX skin making tools. I had UX Architect running on a WinXP laptop and it seemed to me clunky and far from intuitive.

The way I've created UX skins virtually from scratch is by using an existing skin as a base template. That's how my mostly original skins started: improving an existing one that had flaws that needed fixing or features I like missing eg. previews. It builds up from there until, eventually you end up with something better and, as said, mostly original.

About the only thing I don't do is bother with the UX music player even though that can be skinned too. Its great for playing background music but badly flawed as a music manager and IMHO not worth the effort.   

UnleashX's own PDF manual is recommended reading as it does cover skin creation, particularly ones just made using the skinning engine ie. no imported images. But even that does not cover all the sources/syntax supported. For instance there is no mention of "zindex" which is the code for layers, practically essential for any sophisticated UX skin construction.

Where do find that sort of information? Other skins; where they are more than just a random background picture and a default skin.xml they're your most useful teaching aid for building your own UX skin.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, HDShadow said:

I've long ago given up even trying to use the specific UX skin making tools. I had UX Architect running on a WinXP laptop and it seemed to me clunky and far from intuitive.

The way I've created UX skins virtually from scratch is by using an existing skin as a base template. That's how my mostly original skins started: improving an existing one that had flaws that needed fixing or features I like missing eg. previews. It builds up from there until, eventually you end up with something better and, as said, mostly original.

About the only thing I don't do is bother with the UX music player even though that can be skinned too. Its great for playing background music but badly flawed as a music manager and IMHO not worth the effort.   

UnleashX's own PDF manual is recommended reading as it does cover skin creation, particularly ones just made using the skinning engine ie. no imported images. But even that does not cover all the sources/syntax supported. For instance there is no mention of "zindex" which is the code for layers, practically essential for any sophisticated UX skin construction.

Where do find that sort of information? Other skins; where they are more than just a random background picture and a default skin.xml they're your most useful teaching aid for building your own UX skin.

Thats fair enough, I am confident i'll be able to rip another skin to pieces and figure it out from there. infact I was just looking at that just before I checked here

Thanks