OGXbox.com

Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc refuses to run on HDD

Zombient

I think this belongs here? Since I'm just trying to install XBMC4Gamers. But like the title says, Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc will not boot when I try to boot it from the "Applications" section. I've followed the instructions on how to set up the files correctly, but when I click on XSTED, the screen goes black for a few seconds then it goes right back to the UnleashX dashboard. I thought maybe it's mounting it to the disk drive virtually? But even my disk drive won't boot a disk when there's a disk in it using the "Run CD in drive" button, no matter what's in the drive.

I'm kinda at a loss, so I'm coming here for some help. Attached is how I have it setup on the drive.

1.4 that's been TSOP'd, if it matters

drive.PNG

What BIOS is booting from your TSOP?

XISO mounting is a feature of NKPatcher-based softmods, not part of hard modded Xbox BIOSes. 

For a hard modded console - TSOP flashed or modchip installed - it requires a kernel patcher to add the feature to a limited list of compatible modified BIOSes.

256KB-sized BIOSes:

• Evolution-X M8
  • Evolution-X M8plus
  • iND-BiOS 5003
  • X2 4981

512KB-sized BIOS:

• X2 5035

Note: Team Xecuter's X2 5035 BIOS can only be used with TSOP modded v1.0 or v1.1 Xboxes because they have a 1MB TSOP flash memory chip.

The patcher can be compiled from the assembly language code found in CDROM modchip.zip.  

You'll need to edit the following line in xboxapp.asm to set the device_path to your default dashboard's XBE file.

• %define DASH_PATH   '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\default.xbe'

The path to the dashboard above is E:\default.xbe.  Edit the DASH_PATH value to match the location where your default dashboard's default.xbe file is located.

Device Path = Drive Path

• \Device\Harddisk0\Paritition1 = E:\
  • \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 = C:\
  • \Device\Harddisk0\Partition6 = F:\
  • \Device\Harddisk0\Partition 7 = G:\

For example:

F:\Apps\UnleashX\default.xbe

DASH_PATH needs to be changed to '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition6\Apps\UnleashX\default.xbe'.

Build the xiso patcher application by running the make_with_listing.bat file.  Rename the resultant default.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe.  Rename the current C:\evoxdash.xbe file on your console to something else then upload the new XISO kernel patcher application - now named evoxdash.xbe - to C:\. Reboot the console. 

If all worked well, your default dashboard should run and you can now run XISO disk images from the hard drive just like NKPatcher-based softmods.

• Like 1