OGXbox.com

Please please please help...I think I just deleted my whole XBOX setup

jaekriel777

Ok so first off let me say this - I am the dumbest person in the world ...so hopefully I covered that upfront

I bought a modded XBOX off eBay YEARS ago...I just finally got it out of storage and hooked it up

It has Xenium on it - I don't remember if this is a hardware mod - but it might be 

Anyway - there are (or were) two dashboards to choose from

One is MS DASHBOARD A - which doesn't really have anything

And then there was the X Dashboard (I cannot remember the correct  name) - that is wher everything was - to play a game from HDD or Disk, or from the laoded Emulators - everything...it basically was everything on the XBOX and the way I play games 

The XBOX came with a lot of games loaded on it, and I was trying to remove some of the games that were on it that I didn't want

So under the two choses for Dashboard to go into is ADD a NEW Item and REMOVE an ITEM

I was trying to remove games so I selected "REMOVE AN ITEM" and then selected the Xenium Dashboard - thinking that I would go INTO that area to remove the game...

But I removed THE WHOLE DASHBOARD 

And I cannot figure out how to get it back..

I tried going into ADD a NEW ITEM but I cannot find it - its all files on various Hard drive partitions ...

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

I feel like I just totally ruined and deleted my entire Xbox...and I am freaking out

Please please help me...I don't know what to do...

I'll be happy to chat or text with someone or email - if you think you can help me

Thanks in advance

Humbly...

Jaek

[email protected]

51 minutes ago, jaekriel777 said:

It has Xenium on it - I don't remember if this is a hardware mod - but it might be 

That is a brand of mod chip and that's good

Power on with the eject button and that should take you to the main menu.

Then press A to select the Lunch menu

Now select Flash

It should then show list of drives, select C the look for a folder called BIOS, if not then have a look in E drive

If you see  X2-5035 or Ind-5004, EvoxM8 select one of them and you can give it any name for now (XYZ) as that can get fixed later. Once you have named it select done it will prompt for a led color then save the new bios

Now try highlight the new file and press A.

With any luck it will load the dash again.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Well I didn't find any folder marked BIOS

The C drive has Xbox.xtf /fonts, /audio, XBOx Book.xtf ,

a folder marked zboxdashdata.185ead00 which has  .xip files

it also has xboxdash.xbe

a folder marked /xodash  in that are /audio and /media and update.xbe and xonlinedash.xbe

inside the /media folder is /xbq folder - which is filled with xbq files - and a /xbx folder - filled with xbx files

the c drive also has (at the root directory) a /skin folder, a /trainers folder an evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe 

that's it for the C drive

The E drive - 

first folder is /TDATA that has a bunch of shite in it

a /Cache folder with .bin files

a /UDATA folder with a shite-load of folders - all marked with various letters and numbers like /ffe0000

an /HDDLoader folder which does nothing...

as well as /Saves, /SCREENSHOTS, screendump.bmp , a /GAMES folder and a /Video folder  - at the bottom of the list is a /Destroy All Humans folder - I don't remember seeing that game sin the list though...

And that is it for the C Drive and E Drive - there is also an F Drive, an X Drive, a Y Drive

and a Z Drive - that does nothing.....

By the way, when the box is first turned on the main screen has Launch Menu - which brings me to the Dashboard and the Add New Item - etc

under that is Disk Tools, EEProm Tools, Settings, Reboot,  and "Recovery" - which I tried and it did nothing but make my Power Button turn red and it just sat there 

Under the Settings menu choice there is "Restore Factory Defaults" (as well as a few other choices) - but I'm afraid that would wipe EVERYTHING...but I don't know

The main menu also has www.teamxodus.com - that seems to be defunct .....

And that's it - Power Off is the last option from the first/main menu

Any thoughts?

Thanks for trying to help, but I don't see a Bios folder anywhere....

Nor do I know what to do ...

Jaek

57 minutes ago, jaekriel777 said:

I tried to edit my post but I couldn't figure out how...

You can't until you have made a few posts or you become a financial member.

Is the mod chip a Xenium or Open Xenium? When you boot with the eject does it flash Welcome to Xenium OS V2.3.1! or OS V2.0?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I read about this on another forum where jaekriel777e had also posted about this problem. Xenium is not my thing so I'm interested in the solution too just for informational reasons.

Is actually possible to delete the Xenium OS using its own own GUI? Sounds odd; why would anyone want to to do that and if you did how could it be restored? 

Hi SS Dave

When I boot into the Xbox it says:

"Welcome to Xennium OS V2.0.1"

From the main menu - there is a Settings choice - and in that at the bottom of that list - there is "Restore Factory Defaults"

Will that wipe EVERYTHING and thus since if it does have a physical chip on it - will it just be a useless dud without even Xbox at all, or will it become a "normal" Xbox .... 

I don't want to delete all the "Xenium" stuff that's on the Xbox - especially the ability to copy discs and make backups - as well, I don't want to delete the games that are on there, because "Fable" was one of the games and my daughter actually loves it and played it a while ....

...but if "Restore Factory Defaults" works...meaning I will have a workable Xbox that I can play discs on....and that is my ONLY option...I'd like to know if its possible to do...

...if you know...

But again - I can't believe that (even someone as stupid as me) could so easily just completely delete the entire system...by just "Removing an item" -  it would seem that ll I did was remove the "Link" to that part of the system - I just don't know which poartition it's on - or what the files is called - and I looked through every folder on every partition - but I simply do not know what I am looking for....

Anyway...sorry for the long post - I am extremely depressed over this whole deal and want to freakin' jump off a bridge right now....

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I read about this on another forum where jaekriel777e had also posted about this problem. Xenium is not my thing so I'm interested in the solution too just for informational reasons.

Is actually possible to delete the Xenium OS using its own own GUI? Sounds odd; why would anyone want to to do that and if you did how could it be restored? 

Not possible.  I believe he deleted the BIOSes - Xenium OS Launch items - that were named weird saying they were a dashboard, not the BIOS's name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaekriel777 said:

Hi SS Dave

When I boot into the Xbox it says:

"Welcome to Xennium OS V2.0.1"

From the main menu - there is a Settings choice - and in that at the bottom of that list - there is "Restore Factory Defaults"

Will that wipe EVERYTHING and thus since if it does have a physical chip on it - will it just be a useless dud without even Xbox at all, or will it become a "normal" Xbox .... 

I don't want to delete all the "Xenium" stuff that's on the Xbox - especially the ability to copy discs and make backups - as well, I don't want to delete the games that are on there, because "Fable" was one of the games and my daughter actually loves it and played it a while ....

...but if "Restore Factory Defaults" works...meaning I will have a workable Xbox that I can play discs on....and that is my ONLY option...I'd like to know if its possible to do...

...if you know...

But again - I can't believe that (even someone as stupid as me) could so easily just completely delete the entire system...by just "Removing an item" -  it would seem that ll I did was remove the "Link" to that part of the system - I just don't know which poartition it's on - or what the files is called - and I looked through every folder on every partition - but I simply do not know what I am looking for....

Anyway...sorry for the long post - I am extremely depressed over this whole deal and want to freakin' jump off a bridge right now....

What you have deleted is the BIOS file that load the games dash, But the early version of Xenium doesn't have a web sever built in

You can sort of use FTP to add a new bios file to the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Not possible.  I believe he deleted the BIOSes - Xenium OS Launch items - that were named weird saying they were a dashboard, not the BIOS's name.

That's why I sent him to add new item but it doesn't look like that there is a copy of the BIOS file on the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave