OGXbox.com

Xecuter 2.0 Pro FRAGs

coppermine

Hey there, I have an Xecuter 2.0 Pro which I removed from a dead Xbox. It was soldered directly to the LPC pads. I put it in my TSOPed 1.0 (pin header) and all I can get it to do is FRAG. According to an old install tutorial I found it is supposed to FRAG when the chip is on and your D0 is wired correctly, and I'm fairly certain that connection is good. My trouble is that the DIP switches don't change anything. If I have that chip plugged into the board, it frags no matter what. This is a really old chip and it has an external LPT programming interface. Should I try to hook that up while its FRAGing? Has anyone every installed one of these who might be able to give me some insight? Thanks!

When you say a dead Xbox was it working with that chip while you had it or did you get the Xbox with the chip not working?

2 hours ago, coppermine said:

Should I try to hook that up while its FRAGing?

I would think the Xbox need to be powered on(FRAGing should be ok as well) so the modchip has power..

2 hours ago, coppermine said:

This is a really old chip and it has an external LPT programming interface.

You have nothing to lose by trying, Probably the hardest bit is getting a PC with a printer port.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

30 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

When you say a dead Xbox was it working with that chip while you had it or did you get the Xbox with the chip not working?

I would think the Xbox need to be powered on(FRAGing should be ok as well) so the modchip has power..

You have nothing to lose by trying, Probably the hardest bit is getting a PC with a printer port.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It's been a while since I took it out but I think it was giving me a ram or eeprom error, with or without the chip. I've got an XP machine with an LPT so I'll give that a shot and report back. Something about leaving it on while it's fragging gives me anxiety, lol.

23 minutes ago, coppermine said:

It's been a while since I took it out but I think it was giving me a ram or eeprom error, with or without the chip. I've got an XP machine with an LPT so I'll give that a shot and report back. Something about leaving it on while it's fragging gives me anxiety, lol.

FRAGing is the System Management Controller of the Xbox showing an error on startup.  It will continue to do so until the console is powered off.  I don't think it hurts anything leaving it on while FRAGging.  The damage has already been done and it is not going to fix itself.  The modchip has to be powered with the Xbox on to reprogram it.

Use the Xecuter2 Bios Manager v2.3 to check the current BIOSes stored on it and to update them - https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/xbins/PC Based Applications/bios tools/Xecuter2 BIOS Manager/x2bm_v23.rar

So I got an openxenium and hooked it up to the same box just to make sure my pin header and d0 work is good and it worked fine. I also checked the voltage on the 3.3 and 5 on the LPC since I wasn't sure what the xecuter might be using. Both are fine. I can't get the chip to talk to the software on the PC, I just get the no device found 0xFFFF (I've tried all bidirectional modes available in BIOS, and device manager reports the LPT working fine. I've also checked resources etc.). I'll find another parallel cable and get a second PC with LPT going just to rule that out, but I think the chip might be dead.