OGXbox.com

XBox Internal Hdmi Install

N64 freak

I've been asked about hot to internally install my HDMI mod into an Xbox. Well i finally found the time and did such an install properly!

As i don't like soldering wires all over the place i went a different route and made it a permanent install replacing the original Video Connector. Cause who would use an old composite cable if you have an hdmi out right? Audio is provided through the HDMI signal of course and it supports 5.1. And with the 3D printed plate to cover the rest off the opening it looks perfect in my eyes.

And the best part it does almost not need any modification to the Case! Well except trimming a tiny bit off the DVD caddy so it doesn't touch the PCB. The PCB itself does fit into any revision console and is relatively easy to install.

Any thoughts about the install?

IMG_9729.JPG

IMG_9730.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

IMG_9823.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming thats just a really compact component converter? Is the quality/color reproduction identical or virtual identical to the regular component output? Have you noticed any input lag (there obvious will be some but if its significant is the question). If you ever end up making a few more and want to sell it as a kit I would love to buy one.

• Like 1

Yes  it does work perfectly and took quite some time to develop!

For now i only have 3 finally installed boards and will possibly offer them later on. But for now there's no internal kit offered.

No i haven't planned a version that can be installed to that position while still beeing able to keep th original video port. As you would have to hard link the component mode and that deactivates the Composite video output so the sense would be gone ayway!

• Like 2

Man, if you got this into the hands of the guys over at the "my life in gaming" youtube chanel there is a horde of people (myself included) that would fall all over themselves to give you their money for an install kit (assuming the image quality is on par or better than component).

• Like 2

@ironsniper1 Yes, they will be avaylable for sale in a while. For now i just want to have a few out there to be tested be others. When all the feedback is positive i will offer them installed to upgraded motherboards or as a diy kit to install yourself. But for now they aren't avaylable in masses. Just the few i still have as prototypes. If there is interest in testing them preferably from people within europe i still have 3 i can offer right now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, N64 freak said:

@ironsniper1 Yes, they will be avaylable for sale in a while. For now i just want to have a few out there to be tested be others. When all the feedback is positive i will offer them installed to upgraded motherboards or as a diy kit to install yourself. But for now they aren't avaylable in masses. Just the few i still have as prototypes. If there is interest in testing them preferably from people within europe i still have 3 i can offer right now.

If you need testing let me know, what’s the deal. I buy it and test it?

• Like 3