OGXbox.com

Reading EEPROM using PiPROM

xelizor

Hello guys,

I have a faulty xbox that powers on and shutsdown by itself the first two power cycles (while bliking green/orange), and the it stays powered on for the third time while bliking red/green. The xbox does not show any image. I have a PAL system, and this happened when I used Enigma video mode switch (I have used it before with this console and everything worked just fine). From what I've read I suspect that the problem is some sort of corruption on the eeprom, so I decided to try read/erase/write the eeprom using a Raspberry PI. But after trying to redo all the solder work again and again (always trying to be very careful), PiPROM cannot find to manage any 0x54. Is it the solder work? Or it might be some other problem within the console (btw I'm using the console's PSU to power it).

Best Regards

1-gnd.jpg

2-job1.jpg

2-job2.jpg

3-read1.jpg

3-read2.jpg

1-scl.jpg

1-sda.jpg

Of all the solder joints pin 1(square pad) is the only one that looks good all the other look like a ball on the top of the pin.

767366777_Commonsolderproblems.thumb.jpg.27a83262c99d95388a4a04e530fc452e.jpg

Try some more flux and heat.

Here is a list of error led flashes

1609599386_Xboxlederrorcodes.JPG.bb789c825acd7e3a8a80bfd47d764340.JPG

The Xbox has a pin header why not plug on a modchip and also check there is not a link on the bottom of the board for the D0 shorting out.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for your fast reply. I've tried to redo the soldering but it looks like the pads are in a bad shape (they're probably burned already as I'm not experienced). In this case would a modchip boot the console even with a corrupt eeprom? If that's the case I'll just go with the an Aladdin and that's it.

Cheers

On 7/14/2021 at 3:34 AM, xelizor said:

Thank you for your fast reply. I've tried to redo the soldering but it looks like the pads are in a bad shape (they're probably burned already as I'm not experienced). In this case would a modchip boot the console even with a corrupt eeprom? If that's the case I'll just go with the an Aladdin and that's it.

Cheers

For the cost of a Aladdin mod chip it's worth a go.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.