OGXbox.com

i have an xbox 1.0 what the best modchip for it

adam hunter

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What voltage reading have you got on the yellow and red wires at the power connector with out the HDD connected.

I think the power supply is probably shutting down with the extra load of the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i don't know what do mean by that can u tall me how i know about that?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, adam hunter said:

the old hard drive is seagate +5v/+12v   the new hard drive is western digital 6vdc-12vdc

6 volt should not be there,

What readings do you get with no hard drive and will the Xbox stay on with no hard drive connected.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

6 volt should not be there,

What readings do you get with no hard drive and will the Xbox stay on with no hard drive connected.

Cheers

SS Dave

i didn't use it because i don't have i rote the volts on the hard drive 

42 minutes ago, adam hunter said:

i didn't use it because i don't have i rote the volts on the hard drive 

If you do not have a hard dive connected to the Xbox will it stay on (fan spinning)?

Cheers

SS Dave

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If you do not have a hard dive connected to the Xbox will it stay on (fan spinning)?

Cheers

SS Dave

if i put hard drive the xbox turn off if i remove it work in fan spinning

You need to replace the 5 Capacitors as I can see the tops have bulged and are leaking (brown stain in the middle).

While the caps are like this the Xbox will not boot correctly.

Caps-need-replacing.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

20 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You need to replace the 5 Capacitors as I can see the tops have bulged and are leaking (brown stain in the middle).

While the caps are like this the Xbox will not boot correctly.

Caps-need-replacing.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

are they make the problem ?

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes the Xbox will not boot up properly until they have been replaced.

Cheers

SS Dave

but why when i start the xbox without hard it works and when i put the hard it turn off and what are the Capacitors  that match for those Capacitors 

If you want to add a small LCD to the front of the Xbox then the Open Xenium, XeniumIce, Xblast Lite in both the 1.0, 1.6

If you don't care about the LCD then a Aladdin is fine in both.

I would use a Aladdin mod chip in the version 1.6 and reflash the onboard bios of the 1.0 and not worry about the LCD

The 2nd option is a Aladdin in the 1.6 and a Open Xenium with a LCD in the 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If you want to add a small LCD to the front of the Xbox then the Open Xenium, XeniumIce, Xblast Lite in both the 1.0, 1.6

If you don't care about the LCD then a Aladdin is fine in both.

I would use a Aladdin mod chip in the version 1.6 and reflash the onboard bios of the 1.0 and not worry about the LCD

The 2nd option is a Aladdin in the 1.6 and a Open Xenium with a LCD in the 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

yes i want to add many things in my both xboxes so i mast take Open Xenium right?

2 hours ago, adam hunter said:

will that be good?

81JlZmtyw1L._SL1500_.jpg

I would suggest you get them from this place.

Also if you are replacing them on the version 1.0 you should also replace them on the 1.6 boards well, The 1.6 has 3 X 3300uf 6.3 volt

https://chimericsystems.com/products/og-xbox-replacement-capacitor

Cheers

SS Dave

On 7/23/2021 at 2:33 AM, adam hunter said:

yes i want to add many things in my both xboxes so i mast take Open Xenium right?

Yes

If you have not had a lot of soldering experience I would suggest not learning on the Xbox. you should find some old/broken electronics to practice on 1st.

The version 1.0 I see a lot of damage to the LPC port because the holes are already full of solder and people have problems removing the solder without damaging the board and the 1.6 needs some wire links from the LPC port to the main board to make the mod chip work.

Cheers

SS Dave

20 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes

If you have not had a lot of soldering experience I would suggest not learning on the Xbox. you should find some old/broken electronics to practice on 1st.

The version 1.0 I see a lot of damage to the LPC port because the holes are already full of solder and people have problems removing the solder without damaging the board and the 1.6 needs some wire links from the LPC port to the main board to make the mod chip work.

Cheers

SS Dave

yeah sure i'll take to someone know how to soldering buy the way today i bought an xbox one can i hack it with mod chip

19 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Don't see a 1500uF cap in there.  Only a few :) 1000uFs and 330uFs.

do u have photo for it