OGXbox.com

i have an xbox 1.0 what the best modchip for it

adam hunter

15 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, extract the dot ISO file from the archive, burn that disk image to DVD-R media then boot it in the Xbox.   

For a replacement dashboard, I prefer UnleashX.

ok i'm going to do that but how i can us UnleashX

Edited by adam hunter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which dashboard does the console boot into now?

In the OGXbox Installer 2021 disc, I believe there's a menu option to install different dashboards and to set one up as the default dashboard.

i installed and burned the iso in an dvd with purple bottom but when i put it in my xbox it said it can't recognize the dvd is there a way to burn it in a cd?

Edited by adam hunter

7 hours ago, adam hunter said:

i installed and burned the iso in an dvd with purple bottom but when i put it in my xbox it said it can't recognize the dvd is there a way to burn it in a cd?

Is it a DVD+R or DVD-R disc?

OGXboxInstaller 2021 will NOT fit on a CD.

You can change the default dashboard via FTP.  You need to know which dashboards (XBE files) the BIOS is set to boot in it's boot order list.

If the first file in the list doesn't exist on the hard drive, the second it attempted, if not found, the third XBE is attempted.  If not found, xboxdash.xbe (the stock dashboard) is executed.  If it's not present, I believe an error will be displayed.

15 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is it a DVD+R or DVD-R disc?

OGXboxInstaller 2021 will NOT fit on a CD.

You can change the default dashboard via FTP.  You need to know which dashboards (XBE files) the BIOS is set to boot in it's boot order list.

If the first file in the list doesn't exist on the hard drive, the second it attempted, if not found, the third XBE is attempted.  If not found, xboxdash.xbe (the stock dashboard) is executed.  If it's not present, I believe an error will be displayed.

the dvd is dvd-r and and the dashboard is 10059601

3 hours ago, adam hunter said:

the dvd is dvd-r and and the dashboard is 10059601

What is the kernel version?

It's a pain with Evox M8/M8plus on a 1.6(b) console.  The stock BIOS and the two modified Xbox BIOSes are all going to show the same kernel version 1.0.5838.01. :(

Evox M8 and M8plus were based upon the stock 5838 BIOS and the Evolution-X BIOS dev team did not change the kernel version number like other BIOS development teams did.

The stock BIOS will not boot a burned disc.  The console must be booting a modified BIOS from the modchip.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

What is the kernel version?

It's a pain with Evox M8/M8plus on a 1.6(b) console.  The stock BIOS and the two modified Xbox BIOSes are all going to show the same kernel version 1.0.5838.01. :(

Evox M8 and M8plus were based upon the stock 5838 BIOS and the Evolution-X BIOS dev team did not change the kernel version number like other BIOS development teams did.

The stock BIOS will not boot a burned disc.  The console must be booting a modified BIOS from the modchip.

yes the kernel is 100583801 but what i should i do now 

Edited by adam hunter

On 8/10/2021 at 11:49 PM, adam hunter said:

When you make DVD's for the Xbox it's best to use a brand name blank DVD-r and burn/write it as slow as the DVD burning software will go, I use Verbatim DVD-r and have not had any issues.

If the DVD drive in that Xbox is not reading disks then you can use the DVD drive from your version 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

When you make DVD's for the Xbox it's best to use a brand name blank DVD-r and burn/write it as slow as the DVD burning software will go, I use Verbatim DVD-r and have not had any issues.

If the DVD drive in that Xbox is not reading disks then you can use the DVD drive from your version 1.0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

when i burned the dvd and put it in my xbox it told me it can't recognize  that dvd and also i took a photo for my Aladdin modchip how i can do an update for it  

IMG_20210811_203101.jpg

Your-xbox-cant-recognize-this-disc.jpg

On 8/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, adam hunter said:

when i burned the dvd and put it in my xbox it told me it can't recognize  that dvd and also i took a photo for my Aladdin modchip how i can do an update for it  

IMG_20210811_203101.jpg

Your-xbox-cant-recognize-this-disc.jpg

Make sure you power on the console with the modchip enabled.  You should not see this error message with a modded BIOS.

Press and hold the power button for at least 1 second to enable the modchip.

Edit:

Post a picture that shows the entire modchip.  Can't tell if yours has BT tied to ground of the front panel power button signal.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:48 AM, adam hunter said:

opened my xbox and i found that i have an Aladdin xt plus 2 modchip i took a photo for it

https://ibb.co/TK8ftMG

I would say it connected to the front panel

So yes try holding the power button for 2 seconds or longer when powering on.

Cheers

SS Dave

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you have the install DVD in the DVD drive then power off the Xbox and then power on again?

Cheers

SS Dave

yes i did install dvd in dvd drive and press the power button more then one second but it gives me the same massage

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Make sure you power on the console with the modchip enabled.  You should not see this error message with a modded BIOS.

Press and hold the power button for at least 1 second to enable the modchip.

Edit:

Post a picture that shows the entire modchip.  Can't tell if yours has BT tied to grond of the front panel power button signal.

i did that i pressed the power button more then one second and still the same is something wrong with the dvd drive

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would say it connected to the front panel

So yes try holding the power button for 2 seconds or longer when powering on.

Cheers

SS Dave

i did every thing and it still the same  

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

When the Xbox boots up is there a purple logo on the top left of the screen?

Cheers

SS Dave

yeah it's evo logo but it's still the same is that meaning the lines needs clean

14 hours ago, adam hunter said:

yeah it's evo logo but it's still the same is that meaning the lines needs clean

The purple logo means the mod chip is working

Because it booted to the original dash to display the disk error tells me the DVD drive is not reading the install disk you made.

Is the install disk on a DVD-r and was the write speed as slow as the software could write (2X or 3X) when you made the install disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The purple logo means the mod chip is working

Because it booted to the original dash to display the disk error tells me the DVD drive is not reading the install disk you made.

Is the install disk on a DVD-r and was the write speed as slow as the software could write (2X or 3X) when you made the install disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

no it was in maximum speed and i used dvd-r with purple bottom did i made a mistake ?

I have found even when the Xbox DVD drive was brand new it would have problems reading a install disk that was burned at full speed.

Now the DVD drive is 20 year old it will have problems reading any disk, Make a new install disk and adjust the write speed a slow as possible.

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I have found even when the Xbox DVD drive was brand new it would have problems reading a install disk that was burned at full speed.

Now the DVD drive is 20 year old it will have problems reading any disk, Make a new install disk and adjust the write speed a slow as possible.

Cheers

SS Dave

ok i'll do that by the way my other xbox has an error 16 how i can fix it?

13 minutes ago, adam hunter said:

by the way my other xbox has an error 16 how i can fix it?

Error Code 16
Problem: Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause: This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current date/time. but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours or erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting).

To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. 
If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into your install DVD and try installing the stock dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition.  
After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more recent version to avoid this in the future.

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Error Code 16
Problem: Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause: This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current date/time. but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours or erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting).

To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. 
If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into your install DVD and try installing the stock dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition.  
After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more recent version to avoid this in the future.

Cheers

SS Dave

i did every thing it still the same and when i keep press the power button for more then second it stock with word Linux what should do? 

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Wait.  

Does the Eject ring turn RED?

yeah but i did something and that i brought back the the old hard drive for my 1.0 hard drive and when i turn it on it gave me error 7 and i fixed it and my xbox back again and i put the burned dvd and still the same can't be recognize   so i wander how i can put games in my working xbox  

• 3 weeks later...

i found that my 1.6b dvd drive its laser lens is dead i made OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 dvd and i put it in my 1.0 xbox and it works but there is a problem when i use the controller and move down it moves faster to up is something wrong with my xbox or the gamepad or from the OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3  made a video for the peoblem and if the problem from the gamepad how to fix it and i remove the dvd drive for my xbox 1.0 to my 1.6b 

https://streamable.com/8o6au6

Edited by adam hunter
few