OGXbox.com

i have an xbox 1.0 what the best modchip for it

adam hunter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, adam hunter said:

sure i'll buy them but is there a capacitor for clock ?

I would not bother replacing the Clock Cap in the 1.0-1.4 Xbox boards as it is for short time (3 to 5 hours) time retention when the AC is removed.

I have all my Xbox's get the time from the internet when the Xbox dash loads.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would not bother replacing the Clock Cap in the 1.0-1.4 Xbox boards as it is for short time (3 to 5 hours) time retention when the AC is removed.

I have all my Xbox's get the time from the internet when the Xbox dash loads.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i removed the cable of the xbox power supply then i put it back again and turn it again with hard drive but this time it takes few moment then before to turn off is that because of the power supply

4 hours ago, adam hunter said:

i removed the cable of the xbox power supply then i put it back again and turn it again with hard drive but this time it takes few moment then before to turn off is that because of the power supply

Have you replaced the Caps next to the heat sink?

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, adam hunter said:

not yet because i don't have them yet

Until you replace the capacitor's near the heat sink the Xbox is not going to function correctly..

Cheers

SS Dave

32 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Until you replace the capacitor's near the heat sink the Xbox is not going to function correctly..

Cheers

SS Dave

i found out why my xbox not work correctly as i said to u before my xbox is 100-145 watt my country uses 200.240 watt so if i want to turn on my xbox i mast use power convector so i used winstar power converter and my xbox wasn't run perfectly so i used set up and down transformer so my xbox run so smoothly i even took out the hard drive and i turned on the xbox it worked good so  and even with the hard drive it works good so should i remove these capacitor 

41cPqbichXL._AC_.jpg

518PGvYsj3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by adam hunter
photos

17 hours ago, adam hunter said:

should i remove these capacitor 

Yes you still need to change the capacitors next to the heat sink and remove the clock cap from the version 1.0.

Can you post a pic of the power supply that is in the 1.0.

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes you still need to change the capacitors next to the heat sink and remove the clock cap from the version 1.0.

Can you post a pic of the power supply that is in the 1.0.

Cheers

SS Dave

that is the power supply

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, adam hunter said:

hello today i started my xbox whom is 1.6b but i found it has evo x modchip can someone told me what is evox modchip is it so good?

There is no evox modchip.  However, there is an Evox BIOS and the evolutionx (evox) replacement dashboard.

Edit: There is an Xecuter 2 modchip. Post a picture of the modchip so it can be identified.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There is no evox modchip.  However, there is an Evox BIOS and the evolutionx (evox) replacement dashboard.

Edit: There is an Xecuter 2 modchip. Post a picture of the modchip so it can be identified.

when i turn my xbox i see that there is a red light i took a movie for the xbox and that red light 

https://www.filemail.com/d/ivkpfrjauxcztdr

It's hard to tell the type of chip as quite a few have a red light but any way as the Xbox is a version 1.6 you really only need to update the bios to the newer EvoxM8 file then give the insides a clean, fit a bigger hard drive install a dash-board and fill it up with games.

You should also check the capacitors next to the heat sink for signs of bulging and if there is an sign of damage  replace them.

On the 1.6 xboxs I get here that's about all I do with them.

You could fit a different mod chip with a LCD, 3tb (2.2tb Useable) HDD, Internal HDMI out, Internal OGX360 for using wireless controllers but that's up to you and how much you want to spend.

Cheers

SS Dave

58 minutes ago, adam hunter said:

when i turn my xbox i see that there is a red light i took a movie for the xbox and that red light 

https://www.filemail.com/d/ivkpfrjauxcztdr

The Evox shield displayed on startup is from the Evox BIOS flashed to the modchip.

The Evox BIOS can be flashed to any Xbox modchip.

Without seeing the modchip, you can't tell which one it is since many have a red LED on them.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

The Evox shield displayed on startup is from the Evox BIOS flashed to the modchip.

The Evox BIOS can be flashed to any Xbox modchip.

Without seeing the modchip, you can't tell which one it is since many have a red LED on them.

so how i can add games and emo and how i can change the dashboard

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It's hard to tell the type of chip as quite a few have a red light but any way as the Xbox is a version 1.6 you really only need to update the bios to the newer EvoxM8 file then give the insides a clean, fit a bigger hard drive install a dash-board and fill it up with games.

You should also check the capacitors next to the heat sink for signs of bulging and if there is an sign of damage  replace them.

On the 1.6 xboxs I get here that's about all I do with them.

You could fit a different mod chip with a LCD, 3tb (2.2tb Useable) HDD, Internal HDMI out, Internal OGX360 for using wireless controllers but that's up to you and how much you want to spend.

Cheers

SS Dave

can you tall me how i can get that EvoxM8  file and how i can do an update to the bios should i mast have a memory card how should i mast have an original splinter cell or i can do a copy for it 

i opened my xbox and i found that i have an Aladdin xt plus 2 modchip i took a photo for it what i can with that modchip and why when i turn on the xbox i see the original dashboard and i din't see that modchip at all what i should do and is my xbox mother board 1.6b or what

https://ibb.co/TK8ftMG

Edited by adam hunter
few

10 hours ago, adam hunter said:

i opened my xbox and i found that i have an Aladdin xt plus 2 modchip i took a photo for it what i can with that modchip and why when i turn on the xbox i see the original dashboard and i din't see that modchip at all what i should do and is my xbox mother board 1.6b or what

https://ibb.co/TK8ftMG

For the way your Aladdin XT plus 2 modchip is installed, you have to hold the power button for longer than 1 second to enable the modchip so it will boot the Evox BIOS flahed to it.  A short tap of the power button to turn on the console will boot the stock BIOS from the TSOP flash memory chip on the motherboard (or in your case with a v1.6 motherboard the custom Xyclops chip).

I suggest removing the wire connected from the resistor on the front of the motherboard to the BT pad on the back of the modchip then on the opposite side solder a new shorter wire from the BT pad to a ground point as shown below: (Edit: the larger square pad to the right with the trace running from the quick solder pad, pin 2 - ground, works too.)

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

This mod enables the modchip all the time.  Thus, a short or longer power button press will always boot the BIOS flashed to the modchip.

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

For the way your Aladdin XT plus 2 modchip is installed, you have to hold the power button for longer than 1 second to enable the modchip so it will boot the Evox BIOS flahed to it.  A short tap of the power button to turn on the console will boot the stock BIOS from the TSOP flash memory chip on the motherboard (or in your case with a v1.6 motherboard the custom Xyclops chip).

I suggest removing the wire connected from the resistor on the front of the motherboard to the BT pad on the back of the modchip then on the opposite side solder a new shorter wire from the BT pad to a ground point as shown below: (Edit: the larger square pad to the right with the trace running from the quick solder pad, pin 2 - ground, works too.)

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

This mod enables the modchip all the time.  Thus, a short or longer power button press will always boot the BIOS flashed to the modchip.

what my xbox is 1.6 but my xbox it's date 3.6.2005 so how it's be 1.6 and i'm not having en experience in soldering so tall me how i can add games and emu in my xbox and how i can chang the dashboard 

On 8/7/2021 at 5:06 AM, adam hunter said:

what my xbox is 1.6 but my xbox it's date 3.6.2005 so how it's be 1.6 and i'm not having en experience in soldering so tall me how i can add games and emu in my xbox and how i can chang the dashboard 

Which replacement dashboard is the console booting into?

Edit: I see it's not booting into a replacement dashboad.  That means the installer of the modchp did not complete the modding process.  They did not boot a modified Xbox installer disc to install a replacement dashboard.

Installing Replacement Dashboard, Games and Emulators

Edit: Boot a modified Xbox installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3. The installer disc is used to install a replacement dashboard to the hard drive.

FTP to the Xbox and upload the files of the games or emulators to the Games or Emulators folder on the E, F or G drives.  If those folders don't exist, create them.  Each game or emulator goes into a separate subfolder.  Each emulator has its own subfolder where you place the ROMs for it.

Xbox Modified BIOS/Kernel Version

Which BIOS / kernel is on the modchip?

Find the kernel version and post it.  Most likely you'll see it's 1.0.5838.1 - M8 or M8plus.  I'm not exactly sure which version the maker of the Aladdin modchip preflashed to the modchip.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which replacement dashboard is the console booting into?

Edit: I see it's not booting into a replacement dashboad.  That means the installer of the modchp did not complete the modding process.  They did not boot a modified Xbox installer disc to install a replacement dashboard.

Installing Replacement Dashboard, Games and Emulators

Edit: Boot a modified Xbox installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3.d The installer disc is used to install a replacement dashboard to the hard drive.

FTP to the Xbox and upload the files of the games or emulators to the Games or Emulators folder on the E, F or G drives.  If those folders don't exist, create them.  Each game or emulator goes into a separate subfolder.  Each emulator has its own subfolder where you place the ROMs for it.

Xbox Modified BIOS/Kernel Version

Which BIOS / kernel is on the modchip?

Find the kernel version and post it.  Most likely you'll see it's 1.0.5838.1 - M8 or M8plus.  I'm not exactly sure which version the maker of the Aladdin modchip preflashed to the modchip.

so i mast burn OGXBox Installer 2021 in a dvd then i put it in my xbox right and what is the best dashboard 

31 minutes ago, adam hunter said:

so i mast burn OGXBox Installer 2021 in a dvd then i put it in my xbox right and what is the best dashboard 

Yes, extract the dot ISO file from the archive, burn that disk image to DVD-R media then boot it in the Xbox.   

For a replacement dashboard, I prefer UnleashX.