OGXbox.com

Bios Change

KpCollins

I have a 1.1 Xbox with a tsop. I've done a few and normally stick to Evo, Xecuter or Ind BIOS but the 256k versions

I'm looking to flash my 1.1 with a 1bmb bios and have 2 questions.

Which should I use from the list below?

Once Flashed, Will my Xbox boot as it normally would onto the dashboard with the full 2tb HDD or am I likely to encounter issues?

image.png.a2f493dff05ae6db8e8646ecd238b8b6.png

This is from Hexen2020

I'll be using XblastOS to flash the bios

Edited by KpCollins

From that list use the iND-5004.67 and Xblast will automatically make 4 copy to flash to the 1024kb bios chip.

I would also toss Hexen 2020 in the trash and use the OGXbox Installation 2021 v1.5.3 disk from here as it's more up to date and is bug free unlike the hexen cr@p that leaves files on the HDD and will change the Ind and X2 config files.

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Then look for the iND5003.67 that's patched to fix several issues

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thats a Very nice list of Bios on that CD. I'll burn it a little later got the weekend to play with it, Is it bootable on the xbox like Hexen?

So just as above if I flash this iND5003.67 ( from your link ) as this is the patched one? If I flash this on my 1.1 my HDD and its current setup will remain?

Edited by KpCollins

9 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ofc the disc is bootable.

When I read their question, "Is it bootable on the Xbox like Hexen?", I thought they were asking if it ran from the hard drive, not booting from a burned DVD disc.

Edit: Not quite sure why I thought that though!

Yes, of course, it boots on a modded Xbox after buring the disc image (dot ISO file) to a DVD-R disc.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 5:16 AM, KpCollins said:

So just as above if I flash this iND5003.67 ( from your link ) as this is the patched one? If I flash this on my 1.1 my HDD and its current setup will remain?

Yes  the iND5003.67 has the eject bug fixed, it now has full 128meg ram support and has XISO support

It will not affect you current setup it just future proofs you system.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for all the reply's. In the end I flashed X2 5035.137 to the 1.1

Have my first mod chip arriving soon, Called a Jaffar with an LPC QSB Board so thats going to be fun finally Hard modding my 1.6

Next step, Ram on the 1.1 but that I have to build the courage for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HDShadow said:

Good luck with the RAM upgrade in particular - I wouldn't even dream of attempting that much as I'd like to have a Xbox with the extra memory.

Why not? It isn't that hard. And a mole has better eyes than me :D and I love to do ram upgrades.  And when you have new ram on hands it's realy relaxing to make (do?) one. 

Soldering in an LPC pin header apparently "......isn't that hard." but I still made a pig ear of my first attempt at that. You not only need good eyesight (and I bet mine is worse than yours - right eye requires +10 dioptres for reading :( ) but also the right equipment.