OGXbox.com

Ports Open Xbox Live

angelina36

30 minutes ago, angelina36 said:

What are your thoughts on port forwarding and what does it do? Is there anything you always struggle with when it comes to port forwarding and are looking for help?
I am looking at these but not getting satisfied. zendesk purevpn 

Port forwarding allows traffic destined for your public ip on a certain port to get allowed through the firewall and directed to a particular host on your local network. 

7 minutes ago, OGXbox Admin said:

Port forwarding allows traffic destined for your public ip on a certain port to get allowed through the firewall and directed to a particular host on your local network. 

but I read somewhere that it depends on the isp restrictions. like one of my friend tried to open ports but couldn't and he was told by the isp that he needs to purchase dedicated ip from his isp then he can open ports.

7 minutes ago, angelina36 said:

but I read somewhere that it depends on the isp restrictions. like one of my friend tried to open ports but couldn't and he was told by the isp that he needs to purchase dedicated ip from his isp then he can open ports.

I think you may be conflating different things. 
The reason you'd need a static IP is if you're hosting a website at your house. Then you'd need your IP address to never change so your DNS records will always point to the correct place. Then you'd forward ports to allow the traffic to come inside your home network and go to the web server. 

If you're just gaming with a console, you don't need a static IP. 

The ISP can block ports at their end, but chances are they aren't doing that and getting a static IP won't lift that restriction. 

4 minutes ago, OGXbox Admin said:

I think you may be conflating different things. 
The reason you'd need a static IP is if you're hosting a website at your house. Then you'd need your IP address to never change so your DNS records will always point to the correct place. Then you'd forward ports to allow the traffic to come inside your home network and go to the web server. 

If you're just gaming with a console, you don't need a static IP. 

The ISP can block ports at their end, but chances are they aren't doing that and getting a static IP won't lift that restriction. 

oh okok. understood.
Great Thanks for prompt reply.
Cheers!