OGXbox.com

[Research] Xbox LIVE Enabled Games

feudalnate

Week or so back I was doing some testing with various dashupdate.xbe files extracted from some early Xbox LIVE enabled games (Xbox LIVE enabled games were always shipped with a dashboard updater) and ended up finding quite a few different dashboard/online dashboard revisions that I haven't seen listed anywhere, which got me curious about how many dashboard revisions were actually pushed out (on disc, can't exactly know which were pushed over Xbox LIVE anymore)

I was looking for a list of Xbox LIVE enabled games and was surprised that couldn't find one anywhere. There are plenty of lists for Xbox games but none seemed to note whether a game supported any Xbox LIVE functionality or not, so before I could look more into the dashboard updaters I had to make a list of games that actually contain them

While it's not exactly the most useful list to have anymore, I still think it's something worth archiving and I'm posting this thread to see if others would be interested in helping

Personal spreadsheet (my personal working doc, read-only to public)

Public spreadsheet (public doc, anyone is free to add to it or edit it)

References I've used building this list:

Xbox.com (archived, for game XBL feature list)

Wikipedia (for initial release dates)

mobygames.com (for release dates and back covers with feature list)

xboxaddict.com (for release dates and back covers with feature list)

gamespy.com (for release dates, sometimes features list)

gamescanner.org (archived, back covers with feature list)

xbmcxbox blog (grabbed list of games that all contain an uninteresting dashboard revision)

ebay.com (back covers with feature list, more useful than you might think)

spacer.png

Whether people help or not is up to them but I'll continue to flush out the list. If you want to post the name of a game in this thread that you know has some kind of Xbox LIVE functionality and isn't already on this list then that's fine too