OGXbox.com

Psu is only giving 3.3v on the purple line.

PiMpGranny

I recently got an Xbox v 1.1 and it worked for about a week. After cleaning it up and testing a few points to make sure things like caps didn't need replacing my psu stopped giving power to all the lines except the purple 3.3v line. It randomly let's me power it on and one of two things happen: 1.) The green light powers on for a second or two and then it shuts off. 2.) It flashes orange for about 2-5 seconds before powering off. It isn't consistent and only lets me power it on randomly. Any pointers on where to start looking on the psu before I start taking things apart further? Or is it possible it could be due to a fault on the main board that you guys know a little about?

You really are going to have to open it up.

If it's a 1.0 - 1.4 then there is a good chance it will have a leaking clock cap and possible trace corrosion that can cause interment power on and off issues.

As you say you have power on the purple wire that narrows it down to a 1.2 - 1.4.

It would help you get help if you post some high quality pictures of top and bottom of the board by using a pic share site and add the links here (I use Postimages.org)

3 hours ago, PiMpGranny said:

It flashes orange for about 2-5 seconds before powering off.

Orange flashing
Problem: If there was a mod installed then it is most likely due to a solder splash, solder bridge, or a broken trace.

Fix: Search around to see if you can find a solder splash, solder bridge or cut trace. If you find either of the solder problems de-solder them.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.