OGXbox.com

Weird screen

Tysonb

Do you have a composite (standard definition) AV cable and TV set to try?  See if green is still present with it.

Possibly dirty, corroded or oxidized pin(s) on the AV connector on the back of the console.

5bcc3c9c5a91a_ogXboxAVIPPinout.png.fb65ca7ba5f919b0bc1cd94c143657de.png

However, green is not simply the Green pin for a component video signal connection - YPbPr.  The Green cable carries the luminance (Y) values for the pixels of the display. Pb and Pr along with luminance result in green:

Component Video Cable

Component video splits the video signals into three cables — green, blue and red — with each transmitting a specific component of the video signal. The green cable (also called Y) transmits the brightness information of the signal. The blue and red cables (called Pb and Pr, respectively) transmit the blue and red components of the picture’s color. Green components are inferred by a combination of all three signals. Since component video is spread across three separate cables, it does not need to be as compressed as composite video, allowing support for HD resolutions as high as 1080, as well as progressive scan images that create smoother images with more defined edges.

Source: https://www.multicominc.com/training/technical-resources/component-video-vs-composite-video-whats-the-difference/

I have a standard cable with the white red and yellow. With that cable i have the problem. I also have the problem if i connect the hdmi converter. If i use those cables with my other xboxes there is no problem, the problem is in the xbox but where do i start? Do i have to resolder the XBOX AVIP Socket PCB Underside?

On 6/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, Tysonb said:

I have a standard cable with the white red and yellow. With that cable i have the problem. I also have the problem if i connect the hdmi converter. If i use those cables with my other xboxes there is no problem, the problem is in the xbox but where do i start? Do i have to resolder the XBOX AVIP Socket PCB Underside?

I could be bad solder joint's on the AVIP socket or the caps near the heat sink and have you tested the Xbox with a different power supply

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.